After the events in Georgia, a lot of people are saying a lot of things.
So much going on in this story:
- Regardless of truth, people who were perceived as sex workers because “Asian” and “massage” due to hurtful stereotypes.
- Asian women sex fetish and objectification.
- Actual sex workers in those environments are often victims of human trafficking themselves.
- Angry white guy claiming a sex addiction and the only way to address it was to remove temptation.
- Extreme religious views on sex.
- Anger against Asian because of a certain presidents declaration of the origin of Covid
- Asians arming themselves in record numbers
That last bullet (pun intended) is a consequence of the previous ones (and more). But don’t take it from me, take it from our panel from a few weeks ago:
As we have already seen, there will be more calls for more gun laws, and I suspect, regardless of the weapon used in this crime, a renewed call to take up an Assault Weapons ban.
If we don’t address the root cause, it won’t matter what you ban.
Stop Asian Hate.