CNN Doctor Trolls Trump Over 'Dementia' Boast With 1 Simple Sentence

CNN’s Dr. Jonathan Reiner isn’t buying Donald Trump’s repeated claims about acing a cognitive test.

The former president has insisted that the Montreal Cognitive Assessment (MoCA) ― aka the infamous “Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.” test he took in 2020, when he was president ― was “difficult.”

Reiner stepped in with a fact-check on Sunday.

“If you think a dementia screening test is very difficult, you may have early dementia,” Reiner, who is director of cardiac catheterization laboratories at George Washington University, wrote on X:

Trump has repeatedly insisted that the test is very hard, and earlier this month claimed it contains advanced math such as “multiply 3,293 times 4, divide by 3.”

It does not, as can be seen on a sample test here.

The test was created to help doctors detect the warning signs of the cognitive impairments that can lead to dementia.

“It is supposed to be easy for someone who has no cognitive impairment,” Dr. Ziad Nasreddine, who developed the test, told MarketWatch in 2020.

Yet Trump has constantly claimed otherwise.

“It’s not easy!” he told supporters on Saturday, saying only 2 percent of his followers could pass it.

Reiner also shared a clip of former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley ― Trump’s rival for the Republican nomination ― saying the former president is in “decline.”
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/donald- ... v2-n22yrsV

TOS finally told the truth when he said, only 2 percent of his followers could pass the test. Explains a lot about the MAGA followers.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Re: CNN Doctor Trolls Trump Over 'Dementia' Boast With 1 Simple Sentence

Argh!

I looked at the sample test, and knowing I would need to be able to recall Face-Velvet-Church-Daisy-Red later, I said "Her face became velvet when she went to church and saw Daisy wearing a red dress."

Now, as I read a work-related article on cognitive load, can't get that stupid mnemonic out of my head!

(If anyone cares, and I doubt they do, the article is Cognitive Load Theory: A Teachers Guide)
"Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.” Matt. 25:40

Not that I support Trump nor believe a word that comes out of his mouth but am I the only one that wants to see Joe Biden take this test? I think it's possible and highly probable that Trump has cognitive impairments. I also think it's possible and even *more* probable that Biden could win this contest of who has the most cognitive impairments among the presidential candidates. Having had several family members go down the path to dementia I see the signs in both these guys.

Just sayin'.

VooDoo
Tyrants disarm the people they intend to oppress. Hope is not a Plan.

Dot 'em if ya got 'em!

VodoundaVinci wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 11:03 am Not that I support Trump nor believe a word that comes out of his mouth but am I the only one that wants to see Joe Biden take this test? I think it's possible and highly probable that Trump has cognitive impairments. I also think it's possible and even *more* probable that Biden could win this contest of who has the most cognitive impairments among the presidential candidates. Having had several family members go down the path to dementia I see the signs in both these guys.

Just sayin'.

VooDoo
Yeah, I'd like to see Biden take the test Felonious Trump took--after he rambles off on shark attacks vs getting electrocuted from a sinking EV boat, while speaking in a land-locked state!
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

Left leaning sites attack Trump in every direction and right leaning sites attack Biden in every direction. Each side has "experts", here it's Jonathan Reiner who sounds like an interventional cardiologist, not a psychologist or psychiatrist. I have a problem when health matters get politicized, it's between an individual, their family and their health providers. When it's used to beat up the other candidate, neither side will agree to take an assessment. MoCA is one cognitive assessment, like with depression scales there are different screening tools.
https://mocacognition.com/paper
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

What we really need is an upper age limit for the president. We have a lower age limit of 35 years old, why not an upper limit of 65 years old to assume the office. The US Military has a mandatory retirement age. It varies from service to service and rank, but is about 62 to 65 years old or 30 years service. The Flag officers are sometimes allowed to serve over 30 years if they are deemed needed by the service.
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

I'd argue that someone 70 years old could be fit to be president or vice president, but it still needs a constitutional amendment for a mandatory upper age. Yesterday North Dakota voters passed age limits for federal office holders, but it will be struck down because states can't enact restrictions for federal offices.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

I agree. Ageism is a thing. Many societies actually value elders as state leaders. So I don’t believe that age itself should be a disqualifying factor just as I don’t believe that physical infirmities affect rational decision making nor reduce lived experience. But mental decline is a thing and can be measured as a minimum bar for political office. If that were the case, half the GQP would be immmediately disqualified from public office so that may be called political persecution.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

senorgrand wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 3:45 pm there is a wonderful mechanism for ensuring that incompetents don't become office holders. unfortunately, it depends on voters...
That is a problem when a big percentage of the voters are as Batshit crazy as the Repug candidate.