New member, Houston area

Hello everybody, I’m a new member from the Houston, TX area. I grew up in a small town in Idaho and ended up in Houston after college. I’m excited to be part of the LGC and have a place to appreciate firearms without the typical 2A drawbacks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: New member, Houston area

I lived in Idaho Falls for a year. It got so cold the delivered milk would freeze in the bottle, which pushed up a column of frozen cream with the cardboard milk cap on top. My mom would take a butter knife and cut the cream off for her coffee. The rest of us got skimmed milk. But it was cold milk, so there's that. ;-)
Welcome from northern California where your almonds come from.

CDF
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

:welcome: from Kentucky! Pull up a stump and set a spell, have a tasty beverage, and join in the fun!

I once had kinfolk down Houston way, but have lost track of them. Closest I've been was a visit to Galveston Island in 2014.
Eventually I'll figure out this signature thing and decide what I want to put here.

CDFingers wrote:I lived in Idaho Falls for a year. It got so cold the delivered milk would freeze in the bottle, which pushed up a column of frozen cream with the cardboard milk cap on top. My mom would take a butter knife and cut the cream off for her coffee. The rest of us got skimmed milk. But it was cold milk, so there's that. ;-)
Welcome from northern California where your almonds come from.

CDF
Fortunately I’m from the other side of the state where the weather is much more agreeable :)

Less potatoes though

FlyGuy wrote:Another Howdy from Houston. I'm on the west side. Where do you reside? What do you shoot?
I’m in Spring/Klein area as of a few years ago, but I lived in Katy for a couple years.

My most shot gun is my 10/22, it’s easy to justify the cost to the wife. Currently working on turning my BCA 5.56 into a nice hog hunter.

BearPaws wrote::welcome: from Kentucky! Pull up a stump and set a spell, have a tasty beverage, and join in the fun!

I once had kinfolk down Houston way, but have lost track of them. Closest I've been was a visit to Galveston Island in 2014.
Many of my ancestors lived in Kentucky from the revolutionary war until moving west around 1890 or so. It’s been on my list to visit, but for now I just listen to Tyler Childers and pretend I’m there

bigian52 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:41 am
sikacz wrote:Howdy and welcome from Houston as well!
Glad to see there’s multiple of us!

We’ll likely start having some local range meets again. Been a bit slow after Covid and all. There’s a meet in Lockhart next month, a few of us going to go there together. There’s a thread on it in the Texas section.

https://www.theliberalgunclub.com/phpBB ... 51#p911251

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

sikacz wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:46 pm --snrps--
We’ll likely start having some local range meets again.
--snrps--
Wow. That is so cool. Up here in northern California, I may very well be the only card-carrying LGC member north of Sacramento. Enjoy your sweet range meets.

CDF
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack