Re: FDR DOCUMENTARY

Well after watching I have even more great admiration for FDR. Besides getting us out of the depression. He pretty my saved the world from the fascist Natzi's and you know, those Imperialist Japanese. I wish he wouldn't have put the latter in internment camps but thats the way it was. We just got attacked in Peal Harbor.

The way he brought back our military and lent Great Briton weapons, like more weapons and ammo than our troops had to stop the Natzi's was just brilliant! Risky as hell but brilliant!
He was a Navy guy and loved ships. He was there when they christened The USS Arizona.
The of course The New Deal. Of which the Gopathetic assholes are still to this day trying to tear it down.

Here's a list of The New Deal Programs;
The Agricultural Adjustment Administration (AAA) brought relief to farmers by paying them to curtail production, reducing surpluses, and raising prices for agricultural products.
The Public Works Administration (PWA) reduced unemployment by hiring the unemployed to build new public buildings, roads, bridges, and subways.
The Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) employed hundreds of thousands of young men in reforestation and flood-control work.
The National Recovery Administration (NRA) established codes to eliminate unfair practices, establish minimum wages and maximum hours, and guarantee the right of collective bargaining.
The Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) brought cheap electricity to people in seven states.
The Home Owners’ Refinancing Act provided mortgage relief to the unemployed.
The Securities Act of 1933 provided government oversight of stock trading.
The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) protected depositors’ bank accounts.
Later programs included the Social Security Act, the Works Progress Administration (WPA), and the National Labor Relations Act.
President Franklin D. Roosevelt signs into law the Social Security Act on August 14, 1935. Huge!

https://www.history.com/topics/great-de ... n/new-deal

https://www.history.com/shows/fdr
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”

Re: FDR DOCUMENTARY

I prefer straight documentaries with commentary by real historians. I'm not a fan of re-enactments, they require actors and scripts just like a movie or a TV series and film and TV writers aren't concerned with facts they like drama and conflict. And actors give their own flourishes to performances. Many of the talking heads who do the commentary in this one appear to have been selected because they look and sound good in front of a camera, writing a book doesn't make them a historian. There are a few real historians in the series like Doris Kearns Goodwin.

Historians consider Washington to be the greatest president of the 1700s; Lincoln the greatest president of the 1800s; and Roosevelt the greatest president of the 1900s. FDR was a dominant presence during the Great Depression and WWII, there were no presidential term limits when FDR was in office unlike modern presidents. What ended the Great Depression was WWII.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan