McCarthy threatens to charge FBI director with contempt over Biden family probe

House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) is now threatening to charge Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) director Christopher Wray with contempt of Congress if he does not make more of an effort to comply with the investigation into President Joe Biden's family.

McCarthy's remarks came during his Tuesday, May 30 during appearance on "Fox & Friends." Although McCarthy was supposed to be discussing lawmakers' heated negotiations regarding the debt ceiling, at one point the discussion shifted to House Oversight Chairman James Comer's scheduled meeting with Wray.

According to Mediaite, the upcoming meeting comes after "Comer accused the FBI of refusing to comply with a subpoena demanding that the agency produce internal documents related to the Biden family’s business dealings with foreign entities."

Comer has warned of the possibility of Wray being held in contempt of Congress. During the interview on "Fox & Friends," McCarthy echoed similar sentiments.

"Today is the deadline," McCarthy said. "So let me not just tell you, let me tell Director Christopher Wray right here, right now. If he misses the deadline today, I’m prepared to move contempt charges in Congress against him. We have jurisdiction over this. He can send us that document."
https://www.rawstory.com/mccarthy-takes ... 660722367/

but the Repugs never wanted to investigate TOS's family for their dealings with foreign governments, Saudi Arabia, China, and Russia among others.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,