6 dead in Nashville school shooting, the shooter is female.

Seven people are dead — including three children — at The Covenant School on Monday morning after a shooting inside the building. Three adult staff members are also dead. "Three pediatric patients were transported to Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, all having suffered gunshot wounds. All three were pronounced dead after arrival," officials said.
The shooting happened at 10:13 a.m. The shooting didn't happen in a classroom.

"Officers went to the gunfire. When they got to the second floor and saw the shooter, a female. There was a five-member unit that was on the second floor at the time," MNPD spokesperson Don Aaron said. "We know at this point that this shooter is a female and appears to be in her teens. Her identification isn't confirmed. She had two assault rifles and a handgun. She entered the school through a side entrance and went from the first school to the second floor. By 10:27 a.m., the shooter was dead." Five others were wounded: three children and two adults. There were no MNPD personnel assigned to that building at any time. "We have mental health professionals at the reunification site," NFD spokesperson Kendra Looney said. "There is a hotline for parents to call that is being set up."
The school is a private Christian school in Nashville for PreSchool through 6th grade. Last year, the school ran an active shooter training program.
https://www.newschannel5.com/news/polic ... ant-school
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Re: 6 dead in Nashville school shooting, the shooter is female.

highdesert wrote:
"We know at this point that this shooter is a female and appears to be in her teens. Her identification isn't confirmed. She had two assault rifles and a handgun. She entered the school through a side entrance and went from the first school to the second floor. By 10:27 a.m., the shooter was dead."
I'm going with zero "assault rifles" having been in the possession of the shooter.

The White House made use of the shooting as expected.
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1640 ... 41633?s=20
https://www.c-span.org/video/?c5063919/ ... l-shooting

Local coverage:

Some outlets are reporting the shooter is a former student of the private Presbyterian school.
Last edited by DispositionMatrix on Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CDFingers wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:56 pm I usually like to wait until the actual news about it comes out. Too bad it's another school.

CDFingers
I’d like for once the focus simply be on asking the why of violence. Why do our people think violence is a solution to any issue or injustice. We don’t ask it simply because our society is based on perpetual use of violence to make profit and the media is part of that monetary generating apparatus.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

featureless wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:32 pm It's being reported the shooter was trans. This is awful timing for the trans community with the bullshit being spewed by the right. Be careful out there, folks. This was a catalyst we really did not need in the current attempts at crushing trans rights.
On crushing rights period.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

From DMs link.
The attacker was an illustrator and graphic designer who had studied at the Nossi College of Art and Design, according to a former teacher and an online portfolio.

“She just always was a kind of quiet girl but was very serious about her work,” said Steve LaSuer, an instructor at the school who had taught the attacker in a design and composition in 2015 or 2016. Mr. LaSuer said he had been stunned by Monday’s developments. “It’s blown me away,” he said.

The online portfolio included illustrations related to businesses around Nashville, including logos and splashy advertisements for a restaurant, a toy store and a video company. Beginning last May, the shooter worked as a shopper for a grocery delivery company, according to a LinkedIn profile.
In response to a reporter's question, police confirmed Hale identified as transgender but provided no further details on this at the press conference. Police later said Hale was a biological female but had a social media account with male pronouns.
https://www.axios.com/2023/03/27/covena ... at-we-know

Featureless is right, not a good time for the trans community, when their identity has become a political wedge issue leading up to the 2024 election.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

The CCTV footage was released extraordinarily quickly.

The shooter was carrying a KelTec SUB2000 PCC, had a carbine-length AR with a pistol brace in place of a stock slung, and had an M&P Shield EZ.

The media is reporting the braced rifle as an AR pistol.
ETA: And they might be correct. It looks like a very long pistol.
https://imgur.com/NiVAiCM

Also, the shooter also was into NATO and cleaning up:
https://imgur.com/tOWV5ZE
Last edited by DispositionMatrix on Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

DispositionMatrix wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:09 am The CCTV footage was released extraordinarily quickly.

The shooter was carrying a KelTec SUB2000 PCC, had a carbine-length AR with a pistol brace in place of a stock slung, and had an M&P Shield EZ.

The media is reporting the braced rifle as an AR pistol.
Great... :sarcasm: as an owner and appreciator of a S2k.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

sikacz wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:06 pm And biden immediately responds with calls to pass “my AWB”, what an ass.
You all single issue voters better get ahead of this..

An ass, eh? Did you call trump and an 'ass' when he called for 21yo minimum age, RFL, UBC? How about his bump stock ban?
Didn't think so.
I guess it's a better idea to turn your back on pissed off moms and dads and just shrug...'oh well...root causes'.....that's almost as bad as 'thought and prayers'.
Is 3 9yo dead, is that the price you pay for the 2A? Where did she get he guns? Maybe we ought to ask that question but yup, better not, that 'infringes' on the 2A, eh?

Neutrality damages the oppressed....If the GOP candidate makes the 2A their number one priority, but still believed in the big lie.....you would vote for them no doubt..even if they were a traitor..sad....

When we finally see the manifesto, we might glean some "why?" out of it. This person seemed smarter than most mass shooters and may well have been able to benefit from counseling. Yet if the person is trans, we can detect tremendous frustration with right wing politics. Most of it is speculation without the manifesto.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

My prediction is that the Repulsicans will use this to get all trans and non-binary people declared mentally ill, and therefore should not have access to firearms or firearm rights.
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

F4FEver wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:12 am
sikacz wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:06 pm And biden immediately responds with calls to pass “my AWB”, what an ass.

An ass, eh? Did you call trump and an 'ass' when he called for 21yo minimum age, RFL, UBC? How about his bump stock ban?
Didn't think so.
I guess it's a better idea to turn your back on pissed off moms and dads and just shrug...'oh well...root causes'.....that's almost as bad as 'thought and prayers'.
Is 3 9yo dead, is that the price you pay for the 2A? Where did she get he guns? Maybe we ought to ask that question but yup, better not, that 'infringes' on the 2A, eh?

Neutrality damages the oppressed....If the GOP candidate makes the 2A their number one priority, but still believed in the big lie.....you would vote for them no doubt..even if they were a traitor..sad....
Sika needs no defense from me, but I guarantee he raged at Trump.

I understand your frustration. We all feel the grief and loss at these events. I'll caution you that many of the restrictions I believe you'd like to see imposed (guessing though, as I don't often see you propose solutions -- and that is not intended as a dig) won't solve the problem and will unnecessarily restrict access by law abiding. It's a tricky balance, and one that was done at the writing of the 2A, but when we restrict rights to accommodate criminal misuse of them, we lose freedom in all rights. And we give those willing to operate outside of the law a leg up. They know most of us will follow the law so the exploit those areas we don't tread.

featureless wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:40 am

Didn't think so.

I understand your frustration. We all feel the grief and loss at these events. I'll caution you that many of the restrictions I believe you'd like to see imposed (guessing though, as I don't often see you propose solutions -- and that is not intended as a dig) won't solve the problem and will unnecessarily restrict access by law abiding. It's a tricky balance, and one that was done at the writing of the 2A, but when we restrict rights to accommodate criminal misuse of them, we lose freedom in all rights. And we give those willing to operate outside of the law a leg up. They know most of us will follow the law so the exploit those areas we don't tread.
Well said !

highdesert wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:49 am
featureless wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:40 am

Didn't think so.

Well said !
There’s a reason I put some people on my ignore list. Agree, well said.

There’s a reason I stayed silent on this shooting. Regarding the shooter, I am honestly stumped. This tragedy is a whole bag of FUBAR such that White Cristian Conservatives playing the victim card from evil Liberals couldn’t have planned this better (unless the mass killer attacked everyone with a long sushi knife).

And to think I worried for a small second about the fallout for the Asian community over the double mass shootings in California… Ha! This one’s already got the GQP calling for a ban on transgender-healthcare.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/right-wi ... 23616253bf
Last edited by Bisbee on Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi