Dick Van Dyke still going at 97.

Dick Van Dyke showed off his battle wounds Friday after his recent car accident, claiming the airbags didn’t deploy during the crash. The beloved “Mary Poppins” icon, 97, was spotted out and about with his wife, 51-year-old Arlene Silver, and a younger pal. Van Dyke pointed out two stitches in his chin after his car accident last week. “I’m fine — just sore all over,” he announced in a video captured on Friday, assuring people he was doing “pretty good.” “The airbags did not deploy, so I just had a face plant right in the steering wheel and it just made me a little dumber,” he quipped, with his infamous grin.

He brushed off the concerns about his well-being, saying he’s “doing OK.” “I’m 97 — all my friends are dead,” he stated, adding that he’s still “having fun.” Van Dyke previously expressed that he’s “just glad to still be here.” On March 15, the famed actor crashed his silver Lexus into a gate in Malibu while driving in wet conditions, apparently losing control of the wheel. Photos from the accident show Van Dyke with blood on his mouth and nose, and paramedics treated him at the scene for his injuries and a possible concussion. During his public outing Friday, he seemed in good spirits despite the collision.

Officers don’t believe alcohol or drugs were involved in the slippery crash, but they reportedly requested that the actor retake his driving exam with the California Department of Motor Vehicles. Just a few months prior, the “Chitty Chitty Bang Bang” star was seen lamenting the Golden State’s drought, wishing for a wet spell, while visiting one of his favorite nonprofit organizations in October 2022.
https://nypost.com/2023/03/25/dick-van- ... ew-photos/
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Re: Dick Van Dyke still going at 97.

I worked some on Diagnosis Murder as an additional crewperson when they went out to shoot on locations. He was always a nice guy to be around. His girlfriend at the time wasn't. She was the former girlfriend of Lee Marvin who sued him for palimony. They were one of those couples about whom you wondered why one was with the other.

BKinzey wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:16 pm I worked some on Diagnosis Murder as an additional crewperson when they went out to shoot on locations. He was always a nice guy to be around. His girlfriend at the time wasn't. She was the former girlfriend of Lee Marvin who sued him for palimony. They were one of those couples about whom you wondered why one was with the other.
Yes Van Dyke and Triola were apparently together for over 30 years, but never married. Marvin vs Marvin grabbed headlines and in the end she got nothing.
https://heavy.com/entertainment/michelle-triola-marvin/
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

I don’t know enough about him personally to lift on any pedestal, but he’s been a personality I’ve seen since the 1960’s on screen. His role is entertaining and acting. Not a good idea to idolize anyone. On the surface he seems nice enough though.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.