Orange spirochete indictment thread

I predict he will be indicted. Here is an article.
When the Department of Justice took the position this week that former President Donald Trump acted improperly by urging his followers to attack Congress in 2021, prosecutors did more than open the door to a potential flood of civil lawsuits from police officers who were injured on Jan. 6.

What they actually did, according to legal scholars, is lay the groundwork for a potential criminal indictment against Trump for inciting the insurrection.

“If they took the position that the president was absolutely immune, then they wouldn’t be able to bring a criminal prosecution,” said one person familiar with the DOJ’s ongoing investigation who spoke on condition of anonymity.

Legal scholars have come to the same conclusion.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/how-a-new ... =DDMorning

I will write him in prison for the sole purpose of mocking his traitorous, smarmy ass.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Re: Orange spirochete indictment thread

CDFingers wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:19 pm I predict he will be indicted. Here is an article.
When the Department of Justice took the position this week that former President Donald Trump acted improperly by urging his followers to attack Congress in 2021, prosecutors did more than open the door to a potential flood of civil lawsuits from police officers who were injured on Jan. 6.

What they actually did, according to legal scholars, is lay the groundwork for a potential criminal indictment against Trump for inciting the insurrection.

“If they took the position that the president was absolutely immune, then they wouldn’t be able to bring a criminal prosecution,” said one person familiar with the DOJ’s ongoing investigation who spoke on condition of anonymity.

I will write him in prison for the sole purpose of mocking his traitorous, smarmy ass.

CDFingers
You're assuming he could read it. You could bake him a cake with a classified file in it.

papajim2jordan wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:55 pm
CDFingers wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:19 pm I predict he will be indicted. Here is an article.

CDFingers
You're assuming he could read it. You could bake him a cake with a classified file in it.
What if I write it in crayon?

CDFingers

YankeeTarheel wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:44 pm I'll believe it when I see it.
^^^^^^ that right there ^^^^^^

Also, "probably too late" is in the rearview mirror and we're rapidly approaching, "definitely too late," soon to be followed by, "waaaaay too late."
Whatever I said above, just pretend I included the obligatory “both sides,” especially if I said something mean about Trump (don’t want to hurt any feelings).

www.schayden.com

Greengunner wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:27 pm

Also, "probably too late" is in the rearview mirror and we're rapidly approaching, "definitely too late," soon to be followed by, "waaaaay too late."
Just wondering whether "okay, now we're fucked" is before or after "waaaaay to late."

The severity of the charge makes a difference, too. If he's actually indicted for inciting the insurrection, that hits a lot harder than the theft of top secret documents, which was looking like the slam-dunk case until a couple of months ago.

But the longer it takes, the less it hurts them, yes, and the more damage that gets done to the rest of us while we're waiting.

SunRiseWest wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:36 am

Just wondering whether "okay, now we're fucked" is before or after "waaaaay to late."

The severity of the charge makes a difference, too. If he's actually indicted for inciting the insurrection, that hits a lot harder than the theft of top secret documents, which was looking like the slam-dunk case until a couple of months ago.

But the longer it takes, the less it hurts them, yes, and the more damage that gets done to the rest of us while we're waiting.
Agree. Too late already I’m thinking. Also, it seems everyone takes home top secret documents so that won’t hurt him either. It’ll just seem like political pettiness to his supporters. This was not something that we could afford to drag our feet. You can be thorough and quick. This has been way too slow and appears like political drama.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

CDFingers wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:43 pm
papajim2jordan wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:55 pm

CDFingers
What if I write it in crayon?

CDFingers
He sees only red.

Trump wasn't indicted by Muller because it conflicted with DOJ policy that a sitting US president couldn't be indicted. Trump is no longer a sitting president and we're a long way from the Republican Party's nominating convention. Jack Lynch the special counsel is doing his job, we just don't know the outcome at this time.

The DOJ potential prosecution, the Fulton County DA's potential prosecution and the New York County DA's prosecution and the civil lawsuits give Trump the opportunity to play his victim card. He's already telling his followers that the Democrats are after him and they could go after them too. His CPAC speech though it should be called TPAC, went 1 hour and 45 minutes and was all about his usual lies and playing his victim card. Major Republicans avoided CPAC because it's Trumpers not real conservatives anymore.

I have no doubt that DeSantis, Haley, Pence, Cruz, Youngkin, Sununu...pray every night that a Democratic prosecutor someplace indicts and convicts Trump so they have a shot at the 2024 nomination. They don't want to do it because Trump is powerful, they want Democrats to do it for them. Trump farts and his followers cheer.

Trump still leads in 2024 polling but he's slipped.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -7548.html
Last edited by highdesert on Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

SunRiseWest wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:36 am

Many J6 convicted criminals have cited the orange spirochete as the instigator and chief cheerleader. When you go to court and say, "All these folks in prison said he told them to do this stuff," and then you bring charges against the guy who actually told them stuff, that guy is fucked. Duh furor indeed. That's the way I see this. I think that is Garland's and Smith's strategy.

CDFingers

highdesert wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:34 am Trump wasn't indicted by Muller because it conflicted with DOJ policy that a sitting US president couldn't be indicted. Trump is no longer a sitting president and we're a long way from the Republican Party's nominating convention. Jack Lynch the special counsel is doing his job, we just don't know the outcome at this time.

The DOJ potential prosecution, the Fulton County DA's potential prosecution and the New York County DA's prosecution and the civil lawsuits give Trump the opportunity to play his victim card. He's already telling his followers that the Democrats are after him and they could go after them too. His CPAC speech though it should be called TPAC, went 1 hour and 45 minutes and was all about his usual lies and playing his victim card. Major Republicans avoided CPAC because it's Trumpers not real conservatives anymore.

I have no doubt that DeSantis, Haley, Pence, Cruz, Youngkin, Sununu...pray every night that a Democratic prosecutor someplace indicts and convicts Trump so they have a shot at the 2024 nomination. They don't want to do it because Trump is powerful, they want Democrats to do it for them. Trump farts and his followers cheer.

The problem with long drawn out and secretive is someone will claim it was long because they needed to fabricate evidence and coerce all these other people to lie about trump. Our political system is so polarized that this is just bound to fail.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

sig230 wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:47 am Indictment will have absolutely no consequences and Trump is well aware of that. See January 23, 2016 speech. Trump knows and has always known his supporters.
Exactly, it will be seen as politically motivated drama and attempted political assassination.

sikacz wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:54 am
sig230 wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:47 am Indictment will have absolutely no consequences and Trump is well aware of that. See January 23, 2016 speech. Trump knows and has always known his supporters.
Exactly, it will be seen as politically motivated drama and attempted political assassination.
Only thru the eyes of trumpers will it be seen that way and they are still a minority. No 'rational' human would not see it for what it truly is - taking down a criminal and traitorous ex-president who is bent on destroying the very core of this nation. Indict, indict, indict, indict and continue to indict until the SOB leaves this world. The very thought of this slobby POS ever taking another turn in the White House or taking a dump on a document flusher within is truly gut wrenching.
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

Wino wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:06 am
Only thru the eyes of trumpers will it be seen that way and they are still a minority. No 'rational' human would not see it for what it truly is - taking down a criminal and traitorous ex-president who is bent on destroying the very core of this nation. Indict, indict, indict, indict and continue to indict until the SOB leaves this world. The very thought of this slobby POS ever taking another turn in the White House or taking a dump on a document flusher within is truly gut wrenching.
Unfortunately as divided as our nation is do you think it matters.

sikacz wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:11 am
Wino wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:06 am
Unfortunately as divided as our nation is do you think it matters.
Yes, yes I do. I still have hope that good transcends the evil of trumpism and this nation as a whole overcomes the horrible damage his being has done to us all - those who support, those that are oblivious, those who wish him gone and those that never thought he'd be president. I'm some what of a pessimistic optimist ! LOL
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

sikacz wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:03 am I gave up the good transcending evil. You have to have people agree on terms first and that won’t be happening anymore.
This is a good strategy. Ancient philosophies say good and evil are in balance over the long haul. Yin yang symbol for reference.

CDFingers

This Georgia bill could allow GOPers to 'remove' elected district attorney investigating Trump

In an article published by Above the Law on March 6, Baltimore-based reporter Liz Dye emphasizes that Georgia is among the states where Republicans are "proposing bills to impose statewide oversight on local prosecutors and even remove them from office if they fall out of favor with the ruling party." Their vehicle in the Peach State is Georgia Senate Bill 92, and Dye finds the bill's timing suspicious in light of DA Willis' Trump-related investigation.

Dye observes, "SB 92, which passed the Georgia Senate 32-24 on Thursday, (March 2), would create a Prosecuting Attorneys Qualifications Commission composed of gubernatorial and legislative appointees empowered to 'discipline, remove, and cause involuntary retirement of appointed or elected district attorneys or solicitors-general' for 'mental or physical incapacity,' 'willful misconduct in office,' or 'willful and persistent failure to carry out duties'…. There's no way to talk about this (bill) without considering District Attorney Fani Willis' ongoing investigation into Donald Trump's efforts to steal the state’s 16 electoral votes from Joe Biden — particularly since multiple Republican state legislators found themselves summoned before the special purpose grand jury as either witnesses or targets of the investigation thanks to their role in the fraudulent electors scheme."

Dye adds, 'In fact, under SB 92, Lt. Gov. Burt Jones, who has been told he is a target of Willis' investigation, would be empowered to appoint one member of the prosecutors oversight body."

The Baltimore-based reporter fears that Georgia SB 92 will "be wielded for political advantage" by pro-Trump Republicans.
https://www.alternet.org/why-blue-state ... 659515992/

We will only allow district attorneys that are true rightwing Repugs in both spirt and action. All hail the true right wing American Republican Party. :sarcasm:
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

We’re running out of time. If the DOJ indicts him tomorrow, and he runs all of his usual delay tactics, how long do you think it will take to play out?

If a Republican wins 2024 we’ll have a new DOJ and the whole thing will go away.

Everyday it doesn’t happen, it’s less likely to happen.
Whatever I said above, just pretend I included the obligatory “both sides,” especially if I said something mean about Trump (don’t want to hurt any feelings).

www.schayden.com

Greengunner wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:41 pm We’re running out of time. If the DOJ indicts him tomorrow, and he runs all of his usual delay tactics, how long do you think it will take to play out?

If a Republican wins 2024 we’ll have a new DOJ and the whole thing will go away.

Everyday it doesn’t happen, it’s less likely to happen.
And everyday it doesn’t it will seem more politically motivated. I guarantee everything about will be framed as a political hatchet job.

I'm tired of all the talk. Time to fire the AG, he's just dragging his feet and every day he extends this out is a help to Trump and his minions. Time is the ONLY thing he has on his side...the ONLY thing. So why is Garland so accommodating...because he really doesn't want to do this. Fire him and get someone who will enforce the dam law on someone other than a confused hillbilly.
“I think there’s a right-wing conspiracy to promote the idea of a left-wing conspiracy”

sikacz wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:22 am
highdesert wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:34 am Trump wasn't indicted by Muller because it conflicted with DOJ policy that a sitting US president couldn't be indicted. Trump is no longer a sitting president and we're a long way from the Republican Party's nominating convention. Jack Lynch the special counsel is doing his job, we just don't know the outcome at this time.

The problem with long drawn out and secretive is someone will claim it was long because they needed to fabricate evidence and coerce all these other people to lie about trump. Our political system is so polarized that this is just bound to fail.
Yup, even indictments will generate new conspiracy theories, that Trump will try to ride to the Republican nomination. If he's not indicted and convicted I'm not losing sleep over it, that's the way our system works.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

highdesert wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:13 pm
sikacz wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:22 am

Yup, even indictments will generate new conspiracy theories, that Trump will try to ride to the Republican nomination. If he's not indicted and convicted I'm not losing sleep over it, that's the way our system works.
Pretty much where my thoughts go on this. Not letting my blood pressure rise over this turd.