Single-stack hammer-fired 9 mm DA/SA with decocker?

Looking for a new carry gun. New or used. I like something with which I can keep my thumb on the hammer to be sure it's not coming up if I need to reholster, since it's aimed at my femoral artery.

edit: Not a CZ RAMI. Like all right-thinking people, I'd love to have one, but they're too rare and I'm not going to carry a thousand-dollar gun! Priced close to $500 would be better.
IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.

Re: Single-stack hammer-fired 9 mm DA/SA with decocker?

Buck13 wrote:Turns out my favorite somewhat nearby FFL has a Springfield XDE for cheap. Is muzzle flip on those as bad as it looks like it would be? Bore axis seems pretty high.
It’s about the exact same weight and size as a S&W Shield. I found it to be about at my limit for a carry gun/caliber/size. snappy but controllable for me. Way better with the mag extension. Anything smaller is too snappy for me.

The P239 mentioned above is an awesome single stack. Available on Gunjoker or better yet, Guns International. I see them from $450-750 depending on variation and caliber. I love mine…9mm, accurate and fun.
If you can find one, the SW 3913 series is a good deal too.
Any particular caliber you’re looking for?
"But who prays for satan? Who in eighteen hundred years has had the common humanity to pray for the sinner that needed it most?"
-Mark Twain

Sig Sauer P6 and Sig Sauer P225 are both DA/SA single stacks, both out of production for many years, but come up on the used market. I have both, and enjoy shooting them. The main drawback for me for carry is the limited capacity of the single stack mag compared to the double stack mags of the P228 or P229 which are chunkier pistols, but not by as much as you would think. There was a time you could pick up a German police surplus P6 at gun shows for under $300, with 2 mags. The P6 price has skyrocketed, plus the P6 / P225 factory mags have become very expensive.

Sig has the P225-A1 which is a current production DA/SA single stack pistol. Unfortunately, you're looking at close to $1000 retail.

I know you specified single stack, but take a look at the Bersa Thunder 9mm Ultra Compact. It's a quality double stack decocker DA/SA with a great price point. This pistol also has a manual safety that you can choose to engage or just leave alone.

The P239 is hard to beat. It is the only single stack that I own and carry. I recommend doing to the short reset kit if it isn't already equipped.

If you want something newer, P225-A1, which is essentially a P239 that was made to look like the P225, but that has been discontinued as well. Someone mentioned the XDe and they have variants with longer barrels and Langdon Tactical does some DA/SA space magic to the trigger as well.
When in doubt, knife hand.