Re: Finally have COVID

glad to hear you're all vaxxed up. Get well soon
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

Been fighting it for 2 1/2 weeks now. I had 2 Moderna vax, + 3 Moderna boosters. Thought I was immune, too.
Woke Sunday over 2 weeks with a bit of a sort throat. Got worse all day. That evening I took a 15 minute test and it went pos after about a minute. Immediately on Paxlovid. After 5 day course I felt better and tested neg. Next morning? I tested pos in about 2 minutes again--ARGH! Then I started to really get sick. Every time I tried to sleep I'd feel I couldn't breathe. I was put on Symbicort a, steroid inhaler, Prednisone, Nasocort, Sudafed, Albuterol, and a couple of kinds of cough med. And....another 7 day course of Paxlovid. I'm doing much better now, and may take an 8th day of Pax. But still barely, barely Positive. Can't seem to kick it and I still feel like I have a head cold, but an ebbing head cold.

Meanwhile, my wife is 6 weeks past having her left hip replaced, and SHE got it from me. Luckily, one 5 day course of Paxlovid and she was fine again.

I personally blame TOS. He just HAD to play politics to make hated governors, both Dem and GOP, look bad. And so, it spread and spread, and mutated, when, had TOS simply followed the pandemic control manuals, probably 100,000 would have died rather than 1.1 million Americans
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

Take care Jondoe and YT, glad you're both vaxxed up. Knock on wood, I haven't had it that I know of, thanks to 4 doses of Pfizer and the 5th dose was Moderna. I do mask up when I'm out. Pfizer's Paxlovid is the best we have right now.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

YankeeTarheel wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:13 pm Been fighting it for 2 1/2 weeks now. I had 2 Moderna vax, + 3 Moderna boosters. Thought I was immune, too.
Woke Sunday over 2 weeks with a bit of a sort throat. Got worse all day. That evening I took a 15 minute test and it went pos after about a minute. Immediately on Paxlovid. After 5 day course I felt better and tested neg. Next morning? I tested pos in about 2 minutes again--ARGH! Then I started to really get sick. Every time I tried to sleep I'd feel I couldn't breathe. I was put on Symbicort a, steroid inhaler, Prednisone, Nasocort, Sudafed, Albuterol, and a couple of kinds of cough med. And....another 7 day course of Paxlovid. I'm doing much better now, and may take an 8th day of Pax. But still barely, barely Positive. Can't seem to kick it and I still feel like I have a head cold, but an ebbing head cold.

Meanwhile, my wife is 6 weeks past having her left hip replaced, and SHE got it from me. Luckily, one 5 day course of Paxlovid and she was fine again.

I personally blame TOS. He just HAD to play politics to make hated governors, both Dem and GOP, look bad. And so, it spread and spread, and mutated, when, had TOS simply followed the pandemic control manuals, probably 100,000 would have died rather than 1.1 million Americans

Hope you feel better soon. Glad you're vaxxed.

Get well! I had it too vaxxed and boosted. Think it would have been worse without the precautions. Hope you rest up and drink plenty of fluids. Treat it like a nasty cold or flu, lots of rest. That’s at least the way I dealt with it.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

I still have yet to get it and the wife has had it twice, we all vaxxed to the hilt. But I got some crud from the grand kids over the holidays, didn't test positive, just a common cold and that stuck with me for two weeks.
Wishing you all the best.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”

I've had it twice--once in November of 2020, before vaccines were available, and again in December of 2022, despite being up to date on vaccines.

The second time wasn't as rough on me, thankfully. The first time, I spent five days in hospital on a Remdesivir cycle, when they were still thinking that coupled with steroids would work. The treatments weren't as bad as the "food," but it was sure scary to walk into that hospital (people go there to die of that shit...). I was only on supplemental Oxygen for an hour or so, so I was less scared after that.

The second time, it started out feeling like Tonsillitis. A few days after that started, I figured it wasn't going away, so it was time to test, and, sure enough...self-isolated for a few days, but it was too late in the cycle to try Paxlovid. Our house has what is effectively a small apartment in the lower level, so I was able to stay away from the other three adults (including my elderly in-laws). As soon as I was done isolating, my wife got it (probably from me) and isolated for a few days.

A nurse I know has had it at least three times.

I don't wish it on anybody, even those who politicized it beyond reason. I have better punishments in mind for those folks.
Eventually I'll figure out this signature thing and decide what I want to put here.

Wife and I have had symptoms of head congestion runny nose and cough. Well we did a COVID test and both negative. So we just have common colds thank goodness.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Everyone stay as clean as possible. I always wear a mask when I go in places but not just walking around. Long COVID seems to be the really bad side effect. Hang in there everyone.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Been there, done that, 0/10 do not recommend.

Been exposed at work a stupid number of times this week. Masking? I should be in a hazmat suit. Ugh.

Welcome to the endemic. We're all going to be getting it on the regular for years to come. US policy was a disaster but the worst variants cropped up elsewhere - this was a truly global cock-up.

TrueTexan wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:34 pm Wife and I have had symptoms of head congestion runny nose and cough. Well we did a COVID test and both negative. So we just have common colds thank goodness.
"Stay negative, folks!"

The new positive?
Eventually I'll figure out this signature thing and decide what I want to put here.

Get well soon you guys. Long Covid is a thing and really saps your energy & motivation.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Bisbee wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:41 pm Get well soon you guys. Long Covid is a thing and really saps your energy & motivation.
It's also deadly. There have been a lot of "mysterious deaths" of otherwise healthy people getting a blood clot or similar getting a heart attack or stroke out of the blue, who had Covid. Remember: It MIMICS a respiratory disease, but actually isn't.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

Get well soon. My neighbor had a bad experience with Paxlovid, gut related - said cure worse than disease. Lots of fully vaxxed getting breakthru covid. Truly surprised I've avoided. (knock on wood)
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

Wino wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:47 am Get well soon. My neighbor had a bad experience with Paxlovid, gut related - said cure worse than disease. Lots of fully vaxxed getting breakthru covid. Truly surprised I've avoided. (knock on wood)
Everyone's different. I've just finished the 2nd round of Paxlovid. FIrst was 5 days, 2nd was 8 days. 1st downer is a constant taste of metal + burnt orange peel. Unpleasant but tolerable. Main downer: Can't drink my nightly bourbon/rum/tequila. No good info on Paxlovid interaction with booze, other than a suggestion that it has an effect on liver function would make you get drunk faster on less alcohol.

My father also had one round of paxlovid. Spent the next two days feeling nauseous and throwing up. Decided his relatively mild cold symptoms did not really warrant getting another infusion and further nausea from the drug.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Wino wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:47 am Get well soon. My neighbor had a bad experience with Paxlovid, gut related - said cure worse than disease. Lots of fully vaxxed getting breakthru covid. Truly surprised I've avoided. (knock on wood)
Paxlovid did great things for my wife. So far seems to be reducing my snot and chest congestion.

Yes, this vaccine isn't as great as previous vaccines, as its allowing lots of breakthrough infections. But its making those infections much less dangerous than without the vaxx. So Im grateful. Probably saved my mom and dad.