Braced Pistol NFA ?

I'm not following this. Es no comprende.

These look like regular AR style rifles. Is it the pistol grip along with a shoulder brace that's a problem?
I mean like why and WTF?
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”
Attachments
Screenshot_20230127-165526_Email.jpg

Re: Braced Pistol NFA ?

It's because an arm brace (the original purported purpose) can easily be shouldered, making the "pistol" in effect a short barreled rifle (SBR). The ATFE really doesn't like short rifles or shotguns. I guess they're too easy to conceal and handle when moving.

"In every generation there are those who want to rule well - but they mean to rule. They promise to be good masters - but they mean to be masters." — Daniel Webster

Ian from forgotten weapons explains it really well here:

https://youtu.be/lsE0naVApPU

It’s basically just a legislative mistake from the 1934 GCA that sought to highly regulate/prohibit handguns, that we continue to live with in SBRs and Shotguns. There is no logical reason.

The $200 tax stamp was prohibitively costly in the 1930s and now, it’s not unobtainable for the average person getting into an NFA item like a a Suppresser or SBR. It’s still an absolutely absurd restriction though - but we live with it, as there very little appetite politically to make it go away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well at the end @ + 13:20 in he holds up what looks like my ruger AR though it seems the barrel is significantly shorter than my 16 in. He says the gun is registered due to the shoulder stock and mentions nothing about the barrel length.
So still confused
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”

This reminds me of the convoluted mental gymnastics that Mossberg went through to get approval for their Shockwave 12 ga. “firearm”. That it isn’t a short barrel shotgun but a firearm by the NFA/ATF ruling. Mossberg makes it very clear not to do anything to extend or add anything thing to the rear of the handgrip or it becomes a short barrel shotgun and requires a tax stamp. Mossberg had to setup a separate manufacturing line to produce the Shockwave. Even though it has the identical parts of the ‘Mossberg 500 shotgun only with a short barrel and different stock. The markings are Mossberg 590 12ga.

The games the government makes us play.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

tonguengroover wrote:Well at the end @ + 13:20 in he holds up what looks like my ruger AR though it seems the barrel is significantly shorter than my 16 in. He says the gun is registered due to the shoulder stock and mentions nothing about the barrel length.
So still confused
It’s because you have to pay the $200 tax stamp on Any rifle with a barrel less than 16” and a “real” rifle stick (not just a brace).

I knew that this was coming for a few years and resisted getting an AR -15 type pistol with a brace (or building one.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk