The real ways to bring down Trump

We read about all his court problems with classified documents and other issues that might get him tried and convicted. But that is a big if, there is a couple of things that could really get him and his family behind bars or at least sleeping on the streets.

One is his tax records. Here is and article that states he paid $750 in federal income taxes in 2016 and 2017.
According to The New York Times, the former president’s various businesses lost hundreds of millions of dollars over the previous 20 years, allowing him to reduce his federal tax obligation to almost nothing.
Full article: https://www.yahoo.com/video/donald-trum ... QHdXgCD9XD

He may get by on the statute of limitations for criminal fraud but the IRS can still get him for civil cases.

He can also be charged under the RICO act that has brought down many a gangster. Here is an opinion article on how he and his family could be brought to justice under the Racketeering Act.
Trump's lifetime as an outlaw and a racketeer may finally be coming to an end after more than four decades of eluding the criminal law. He is currently encircled by at least six or seven significant civil or criminal investigations.. Most legal scholars or former U.S. prosecutors will likely approach these white-collar, corporate and state crimes evidently committed by Trump and his associates as disparate and unrelated litigating conflicts.

I would contend, however, that when Trump's fraudulent behavior is seen through the lenses of racketeering and the vantage point of a criminal enterprise, all his offenses or violations, whether civil or criminal, could be legally brought together and prosecuted under RICO, the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act.
Full article https://www.rawstory.com/trump-crimes-2658345613/
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Re: The real ways to bring down Trump

Tax fraud or evasion might be the best way to get Trump. As I mentioned on another thread, Italy's Silvio Berlusconi was tried 22 times for various crimes and his only conviction was for tax fraud. Al Capone wasn't convicted of all the suspected murders he committed or ordered, but of tax evasion.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

highdesert wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:00 pm Tax fraud or evasion might be the best way to get Trump. As I mentioned on another thread, Italy's Silvio Berlusconi was tried 22 times for various crimes and his only conviction was for tax fraud. Al Capone wasn't convicted of all the suspected murders he committed or ordered, but of tax evasion.
Yep.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

tonguengroover wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:32 pm Trump as POTUS cannot pardon himself or do pardons for state crimes so he has to be contemplating hard about not running for office so another TOT minion will be there to pardon him in case he loses.
So no, I doubt he will run considering the circumstances.
Trump doesn't think like that. If he can make himself president he thinks he's king. He'll just do it anyway, or just tell the DOJ to fuck off. But he's never going to make it to the white house in a legitimate election. If he's sitting in the white house, it's because he was successful in starting the revolution and he won. I don't see that as much of a realistic possibility for him at this point.
“I think there’s a right-wing conspiracy to promote the idea of a left-wing conspiracy”