7.92 Mauser MilSurp rifles

I was in my local Cabela's today, and noted that they have some number of 7.92 (or 8)mm Mauser Yugoslavian MilSurp rifles for sale, at about seven Franklins apiece.

I have no real interest in stocking yet another caliber--especially one that's not plentiful in my area--but the bolt-action rifles looked sort-of cool.

If I had LOTS of money to throw into the gun safe, I'm sure there are other rifles I'd buy before one of these, but it was a curiosity to see in a Cabela's store.
Eventually I'll figure out this signature thing and decide what I want to put here.

Re: 7.92 Mauser MilSurp rifles

I have some. With good barrels they're really nice. If it's a Yugo 24/47, it might be nearly new, as Yugoslavia went with the AK-47 right around that time, and they had tons of new Mausers they made after they got back on their feet after WWII. They're great actions for builds.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

CDFingers wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:58 am I have some. With good barrels they're really nice. If it's a Yugo 24/47, it might be nearly new, as Yugoslavia went with the AK-47 right around that time, and they had tons of new Mausers they made after they got back on their feet after WWII. They're great actions for builds.

CDFingers
These looked used. Some looked like they had been used hard. One was lousy with Cosmoline or some similar grease.

They all had trigger locks, so one couldn't dry-fire them, but the bolt action in the one I casually examined didn't feel bad.
Eventually I'll figure out this signature thing and decide what I want to put here.

That’s about 2 franklins too high.

I collect Zastava firearms, and I just saw one of those in really good condition go for about $475 on gun joker. You can get them off Royal tiger imports for about $400 but they are pretty beat, Ethiopian, mil-surp.

I’m keeping my eye out for one of these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tonguengroover wrote:They used to run $270 and included a bayonet, scabbard, sling and cleaning kit back in 2012 ish.

The only Zestava I have is my 25-06 and I love it.
The bayonets go for $140 on the bay RN. You’ve got to hit the milsurp right when it floods the market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk