Beretta CX4 Storm or Us made Steyr Aug---but I can't get both

I was at the LGS today with the intention of looking at a used Steyr Aug for $1200. While I was thinking about it, I see a CX4 Storm that some one just traded in. I like both gun but can't decide. Please don't say get both, because I just can't afford that. Any pros or cons on either?
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

Re: Beretta CX4 Storm or Us made Steyr Aug---but I can't get both

geno wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:59 pm I'd vote for the Storm; I'm assuming its cheaper and in 9mm, the difference can buy a bit of ammo. It's a well-made carbine and mine uses the same mags that my 92s uses. It's the only rifle that's loaded in my safe.
Mine was Bubba'd by a previous owner, but it's grown on me.
I'd go with the Cx4 . I bought mine new for about half of what the other will cost--but that was about 5 years ago. It's light, accurate, comfortable, and tough. It's also completely reversible for lefties. Charging handle, ejection port, mag release, can all be reversed. Only the bolt release cannot be. This is the preferred carbine for urban situations that many Euro police go for. The iron sights are excellent and there's a pull-out rail at the front--good for a light. It can be used with either 92fs or Px4 mags--there's an adapter for each.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

I’m surprised the OP would even weight the two rifles against each other given the caliber differences and the tremendous price differences as well. A better question to reply with would be, “What is the imagined purpose for this carbine?”

If just plinking then a cheaper PCC would be fine.

If for kicking down doors and clearing the room of “bad guyz” then maybe a 5.56 carbine is better suited for the job.

If prestige of ownership is the point then whichever is more expensive and rare usually wins out.

Which is it, Hiker?
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

I have both the Cx4 Storm and the Sub-2000, and I like both for different reasons. Have the Sub2k set up to use 92fs mags, sharing with the Storm, but I have the adaptor so the Sub2k can share mags with my Sig P320 as well.

The Sub2k is super-cool, but, frankly, the Storm is a better, more solid, more accurate, and more comfortable PCC.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

I’d say the Styr Aug Becuase it’s a piece of innovative history as one of the first “successful” military bull pup designs.

There will always be CX4s around to pick up. It’s a decent PCC but nothing spectacular.

If I had a beretta 92 FS, I would probably lean that way, if not you already have that part of your battery covered by tue sub 2000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

INVICTVS138 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:17 pm I’d say the Styr Aug Becuase it’s a piece of innovative history as one of the first “successful” military bull pup designs.

There will always be CX4s around to pick up. It’s a decent PCC but nothing spectacular.

If I had a beretta 92 FS, I would probably lean that way, if not you already have that part of your battery covered by tue sub 2000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I disagree. Out of the box it was bang-on accurate, low recoil despite it's light weight. Personally, I find the Steyr Aug to be unappealing. But that's me.