Hello from central WI!

Older gun enthusiast here who got my first .22 Browning rifle (still own it) at age 11, and I've enjoyed shooting off and on ever since. This appears to be a great place to be with like-minded people! I'm looking forward to hanging out here a little more often!

Re: Hello from central WI!

Hey, thanks everyone for the warm greetings! You know, this is really a refreshing place to be when comes to talking about guns and ammo as well as the political side of things. Needless to say, the anti-liberal rhetoric that occurs nearly everywhere in the pro-gun world can be a bit overwhelming sometimes, but it's probably pretty safe to say that you're fully aware of that. Thanks again!

sikacz wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:13 pm Ok, let’s get down to reality! What do you like to shoot? Pics are helpful! We love pics! LoL.
Well, I'll have to take some new photos, for my small collection has changed a bit over the years. And, to be honest, other than a pellet gun, I haven't fired a shot in five or six years. Now that I'm retired, I'll have much more time to go shooting on my son's property, and I'm primarily planning on shooting a S&W M&P 15 Sport II that I just purchased a week ago. Of course, I've never fired one of these before, so I'm not really sure of what I'm getting into........LOL. Still, I think it'll be fun! Prior to that I've mostly shot a pair of Ruger revolvers, particularly a 1960 Blackhawk .357 that I've owned since about 1985 or so. I've since unloaded the other revolver for a 9mm S&W for home defense. It's easy for my wife to use, too, so it has a functional purpose. My Browning .22 rifle has been with me since my father bought if for my birthday in 1965, so it's been around for a while. It's always a fun little rifle to shoot. Other than an old Winchester that hasn't been fired for decades, that pretty much sums up my collection. I can't say that I'm an avid shooter, by any means, but I have had a lifelong interest in guns for whatever reason. Give me guitars, bicycles and guns, and I'm a happy camper........:)

That’s great! I still have my first air rifle from the early 1970’s! Guitars, bicycles and guns, a good mix! No guitars, but I do have two bicycles, which I should ride more.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

sikacz wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:50 am That’s great! I still have my first air rifle from the early 1970’s! Guitars, bicycles and guns, a good mix! No guitars, but I do have two bicycles, which I should ride more.
Yeah, the one thing that guitars, bicycles and guns have in common is that there's a number of small parts involved in taking them apart and putting them back together again. It's probably safe to say that it's the tinkering and customizing part that I truly enjoy.
CDFingers wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:59 am "Ruger revolvers."
CDFingers
LOL.......yeah, well, they're still guns, right? I'll never make the claim that I'm a connoisseur of elite weaponry.......:)

FlyGuy wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:17 am Another Howdy from Houston!
Just gonna say it, I am a little jealous of people that can just go out and shoot on their property. Although, my ammo budget would make me go broke..
Yeah, that's one of the luxuries of living in a rural area where guns are prevalent. My son's property is much more secluded in the woods than what I own, too, so it's a great place to fire a few rounds. I only wish that I would've kept some of the land I once owned but, unfortunately, priorities of retirement took precedence.

JTele wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:48 pm
sikacz wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:50 am That’s great! I still have my first air rifle from the early 1970’s! Guitars, bicycles and guns, a good mix! No guitars, but I do have two bicycles, which I should ride more.
Yeah, the one thing that guitars, bicycles and guns have in common is that there's a number of small parts involved in taking them apart and putting them back together again. It's probably safe to say that it's the tinkering and customizing part that I truly enjoy.
I’m a tinkering type as well, guns naturally and even built one. Cars, a motorcycle and my bicycles, one a classic DeRosa probably a 90’s vintage I’ve bought more original parts for than what came with it. I do understand the smaller part idea, a big reason I’ve been tinkering more with the motorcycle than my cars. Cars I now only tinker on when I really need to. The others more like, what else can I do! LoL.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

sikacz wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:09 pm
I’m a tinkering type as well, guns naturally and even built one. Cars, a motorcycle and my bicycles, one a classic DeRosa probably a 90’s vintage I’ve bought more original parts for than what came with it. I do understand the smaller part idea, a big reason I’ve been tinkering more with the motorcycle than my cars. Cars I now only tinker on when I really need to. The others more like, what else can I do! LoL.
DeRosa made a nice bike back in the day! That's a classic for sure! I'm not sure if they're still building bikes, but most of them are made in Taiwan these days anyway. I still own an '85 Bianchi Campione that I bought new, but I've since gone to carbon frames for solo riding. My wife and I also own three tandems, so I do most of my riding with her. They're not carbon bikes, but it's an activity that we've been doing for 37 years now.

I used to work on cars in the '70s when they were much easier to work on. I wouldn't even know where to begin with them now.......LOL.

JTele wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:48 pm LOL.......yeah, well, they're still guns, right? I'll never make the claim that I'm a connoisseur of elite weaponry.......:)
All my handguns are Rugers but for my Springer 1911. Quality. That's Homer drooling for Duff.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

JTele wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:21 pm
sikacz wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:09 pm
DeRosa made a nice bike back in the day! That's a classic for sure! I'm not sure if they're still building bikes, but most of them are made in Taiwan these days anyway. I still own an '85 Bianchi Campione that I bought new, but I've since gone to carbon frames for solo riding. My wife and I also own three tandems, so I do most of my riding with her. They're not carbon bikes, but it's an activity that we've been doing for 37 years now.

I used to work on cars in the '70s when they were much easier to work on. I wouldn't even know where to begin with them now.......LOL.
I started working on cars in the late 1970’s and by the early 1980’s worked in a car shop between my classes. I love the old light weight steel bikes, mine is totally Italian.