Re: DOJ argues Medical Marijuana users have no RKBA

Will Hall, an attorney with the Dean, Mead & Dunbar firm who represents the plaintiffs, told The News Service of Florida that the Supreme Court ruling puts the onus on Garland’s office to justify the gun restriction. “Our reading of the case is the federal government has to show that this regulation, which is basically treating medical marijuana patients as if they are just, per se, too violent to possess guns, has some kind of historical tradition, and we just don’t see it,” Hall said Tuesday.

Hall said Fried’s legal team scoured the issue to see if there was “any equivalent regulation” in the distant past. “We just can’t find it,” he said. “There’s really no equivalent for what we have in medical marijuana now, which is that the states have made it legal and the federal government has, not just through a letter or some promise but through law, said we will protect those programs from interference.” Fried, a lawyer who is Florida’s lone statewide elected Democrat, is a “huge advocate” for “reasonable gun laws that make people safer,” Hall noted.

“Her view is that this regulation just doesn’t make anyone more safe. If anything, it makes people less safe because it pushes them towards, if you’re a medical marijuana patient who wants to buy a gun, pushes you to a private sale versus a gun store where you actually follow the ATF protocols,” he said, referring to the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms.
https://www.winknews.com/2022/07/13/nik ... marijuana/

She's running for governor and wants to be a friend to marijuana users, concealed carry licensees and gun owners. She supported Florida's 2016 legalization of marijuana.
“Quite simply, there is no historical tradition of denying individuals their Second Amendment rights based solely (or even partially) on the use of marijuana,” the lawsuit said. “In fact, historical evidence shows that marijuana was considered a legitimate and legal form of medicine in England, America, and other western countries through the mid-Nineteenth and early-Twentieth Centuries.”
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

That’s hilarious! A 17 y/o kid made up that image of the St Bernards carrying brandy on rescue missions! This despite the fact that alcohol would be the last thing you should give a freezing human body trapped in snow if you wanted them to live. I’ve thought long and hard about this very question over the years and only now know this fanciful idea about St Bernards is complete fiction. Funny how cultural ideas are born then carry a life of their own.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Just took my oldest cat to the vet, diagnosed with the feline version of epilepsy and prescribed phenobarbital. I have read that marijuana can also control seizures of this type and since she already loves catnip...

https://www.epilepsy.com/treatment/alte ... -marijuana

Seems there is a breath test for the cannabis crowd to demonstrate their fitness or lack thereof for engaging in driving, shooting, or typing crapola and posting online so as to keep the disturbance at a low roar.

https://www.addictioncenter.com/news/20 ... marijuana/

This discussion should be had on the history of medical efficacy and effectiveness, not political prejudice. If the stuff works, then use it.

Technology changes, attitudes change, laws must change to work with the reality on the ground.
This isn't going well, is it?

F4FEver wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:07 am
tonguengroover wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:58 am Its been my experience that stoners are pretty much non violent as compared to alcohol and meth abusers.
Personally I don't partake in any drug use and gave up Ganja decades ago. I even stopped taking CBD.
Stoners just go to Taco Bell..they don't beat up their girlfriends.

Coffee?
I know I'd have to be stoned to eat at Taco Bell.

papajim2jordan wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:55 pm
F4FEver wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:07 am
tonguengroover wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:58 am Its been my experience that stoners are pretty much non violent as compared to alcohol and meth abusers.
Personally I don't partake in any drug use and gave up Ganja decades ago. I even stopped taking CBD.
Stoners just go to Taco Bell..they don't beat up their girlfriends.

Coffee?
I know I'd have to be stoned to eat at Taco Bell.
Ain't that the truth!!!! Not sure how they get away with calling that crap Mexican food.
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

papajim2jordan wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:42 am Just took my oldest cat to the vet, diagnosed with the feline version of epilepsy and prescribed phenobarbital. I have read that marijuana can also control seizures of this type and since she already loves catnip...

Based on that article I can suggest you spike Fluffy’s food with a little CBD oil. Not a lot. Just a small, consistent amount since CBD has to build up in the body to have any effect on the regulatory system.

Do not crush weed and feed it to your cat. That’s a bad idea, especially since the compounds in the raw leaf isn’t bio-available until it is heated.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Bisbee wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:15 pm
papajim2jordan wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:42 am Just took my oldest cat to the vet, diagnosed with the feline version of epilepsy and prescribed phenobarbital. I have read that marijuana can also control seizures of this type and since she already loves catnip...

Based on that article I can suggest you spike Fluffy’s food with a little CBD oil. Not a lot. Just a small, consistent amount since CBD has to build up in the body to have any effect on the regulatory system.

Do not crush weed and feed it to your cat. That’s a bad idea, especially since the compounds in the raw leaf isn’t bio-available until it is heated.
So that's why they tell you to never eat the dough raw.

I don't know about cats but when I was taking CBD I would have to take more and more for the same effect on my joint pain and pretty soon you have to buy stronger and stronger bottles. Regardless of what they say I developed a tolerance to it even though I was taking the pure unadulterated stuff, not the stuff cut with palm oil.
Make sure you do your research before giving it to pets.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”

papajim2jordan wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:35 am
Bisbee wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:15 pm

Guys, in fact, there will still be a bunch of amendments to the laws. Now it's not worth wasting your nerves on this. I read a lot about medical marijuana, found a link for this. I think this is the right decision and I hope it will soon be in effect in all states. Let's see what happens over time. It takes time to make it so that everyone likes everything.
So that's why they tell you to never eat the dough raw.
yes, that's for sure
Last edited by maybelle on Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.