Robber got more than he expected.

NORCO, Calif. (KABC) -- Dramatic surveillance video captured the moment a Norco liquor store owner used his shotgun to shoot a would-be robber who was armed with a rifle. Footage shows the armed suspect burst into the business and the owner immediately shoot a single blast from his firearm. Cameras outside captured the suspect frantically screaming, "He shot my arm off! He shot my arm off!" Multiple suspects then quickly take off in a dark-colored SUV and almost leave a person behind, the footage shows. Authorities say the incident happened at Norco Market & Liquor in the 800 block of Sixth Street around 2:47 a.m. Sunday. Four suspects armed with long guns were involved in the attempted robbery and were wearing facial coverings, according to the Riverside County Sheriff's Department.

Four suspects were later found at a hospital, including one who was suffering from a gunshot wound consistent with a shotgun blast, authorities say. The three other suspects were found inside the suspect vehicle, which authorities say was reported stolen. The suspects were identified as 22-year-old Inglewood resident Justin Johnson, 27-year-old Los Angeles resident Jamar Williams and 24-year-old Las Vegas resident Davon Broadus. The wounded suspect's name has not been released. The 23-year-old remains hospitalized in critical, but stable condition.

Several stolen firearms were allegedly found in the BMW SUV the suspects used. Workers and customers are praising the business owner, Craig, for his quick action. "What if he wouldn't have been as quick as it was. It could've been him," customer Julie Fensel told Eyewitness News. Craig, 80, is recovering from a heart attack after the shocking incident. "The sheriff's warned us that this had been going on in the area recently and to just be on your toes, you know, so he was on his toes. Thank God," employee Marnie Tapia said.

Employees say the owner saw what was happening in the monitors: the suspects' SUV back in and the armed men step out. "He just prepared himself. He's always prepared as far as weapons go," Tapia said about the owner. "In this case, a lawfully armed member of our community prevented a violent crime and ensured their own safety while being confronted with multiple armed suspect," the sheriff's department said in a news release.
https://abc7.com/norco-shooting-attempt ... /12092135/

Video in link. Hooray for Craig and his shotgun at 80 years of age, hope he recovers soon.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Re: Robber got more than he expected.

During the run in with the attempted robbers, [Craig] Cope, a father and grandfather, suffered a heart attack and needed three stents. He's now out of the hospital and recovering. At the store on 6th Street, the phone has been ringing nonstop. Calls came in from people as far away as Canada, praising Cope for his bravery.

One man drove to Norco Market and Liquor from Eastvale to show his support. "...I was telling my fiancé by the time that happened, you have no time to react, you know, whatever you can grab or whatever you can...especially, you know, for his safety. You know, he had to think fast," customer Adrian Guzman said.
According to Cope's wife, the shooting sends a message to criminals. "Stay out of Norco, because everybody in Norco has a gun," she said.
https://www.cbsnews.com/losangeles/news ... peaks-out/
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Re: Robber got more than he expected.

highdesert wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:31 am
During the run in with the attempted robbers, [Craig] Cope, a father and grandfather, suffered a heart attack and needed three stents. He's now out of the hospital and recovering. At the store on 6th Street, the phone has been ringing nonstop. Calls came in from people as far away as Canada, praising Cope for his bravery.

One man drove to Norco Market and Liquor from Eastvale to show his support. "...I was telling my fiancé by the time that happened, you have no time to react, you know, whatever you can grab or whatever you can...especially, you know, for his safety. You know, he had to think fast," customer Adrian Guzman said.
According to Cope's wife, the shooting sends a message to criminals. "Stay out of Norco, because everybody in Norco has a gun," she said.
https://www.cbsnews.com/losangeles/news ... peaks-out/
Every gun store I have ever been in, the staff are armed...and a gun store robbery, with an armed staff, pretty much doesn't happen. If I owned or worked in a liquor store or weed store, or a lot of other common targets..I would be armed, open carry, good holster where the gun can't easily be grabbed. Most thieves are cowards, look for the easy mark.