Alex Jones’ company files for bankruptcy midway through Sandy Hook damages trial

Free Speech Systems submitted the filing during a two-week trial to determine how much the Texas-based conspiracy theorist will award the parents of a victim in the 2012 school shooting, prompting speculation about the company’s effort to avoid bankruptcy oversight as a small business.
Full article here https://www.texastribune.org/2022/07/30 ... ankruptcy/

Duck and run protect assets and keep the big lies rolling. Alex Jones should be sitting in a jail cell for the crap he has spewed over the years.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Re: Alex Jones’ company files for bankruptcy midway through Sandy Hook damages trial

Alex Jones rages on-air accusing judge of 'corruption' despite ongoing trial

Alex Jones is deploying the curious tactic of going on the attack against the judge in his case as a jury in four lawsuits will decide how much Jones must give to the families of Sandy Hook victims.
"I'm honored to be attacked by this system, but it's still scary, up close, to see the corruption goes all the way down to the local court systems," said Jones.

He's also complaining that there was no jury in the case, though it's unclear which case he's talking about as there was a jury verdict in the Sandy Hook case.
https://www.rawstory.com/alex-jones-co ... out-judge/

He may find out it isn’t nice to piss off the judge that decides your fate.
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Re: Alex Jones’ company files for bankruptcy midway through Sandy Hook damages trial

Judge hears same-day evidence Alex Jones defamed Sandy Hook victims just hours earlier

Judge Maya Guerra Gamble heard evidence on Tuesday that conspiracy theorist Alex Jones had defamed victims of the Sandy Hook massacre earlier that day.

During a Tuesday hearing, attorneys for the Sandy Hook plaintiffs presented a video Jones had broadcasted that morning.

In the video, Jones accused Sandy Hook father Neil Heslin of being "slow" and "on the spectrum."

"He is being manipulated by some very bad people," the host told his audience. "I've got to be honest. He's slow. OK?"
His lawyers objected to the evidence because the weren't notified. Judges denied the objection.

Jones, may be on the spectrum, because he doesn't know when it is best for him to shut the F*ck Up.

Edit on 8/2 14:45
Alex Jones says judge in his trial 'demonically possessed' and part of 'cult'

Embattled conspiracy theorist Alex Jones on Tuesday said that the judge who is trying a case against him was "demonically possessed" and part of a "cult."

For the second day this week, Jones skipped portions of his Austin trial, which will determine damages after a judge found him guilty for defaming victims of the Sandy Hook massacre.

"It's demonic," Jones said at the top of his show. "They all act demonically possessed, the judge, the lawyers, it's surreal to be around them."
In the next segment, Jones mocked Gamble as "goblinish."

"I finally got to see a real goblin," he laughed. "This is a giant exercise in raping our freedom."
https://www.rawstory.com/alex-jones-judge-demonic/

As my grandmother would say, "Bless his heart, that boy ain't got no sense when to shut up. He just digs his grave deeper."

Alex Jones scolded by judge
The InfoWars founder (now officially called InfoW, LLC), testified in court Tuesday afternoon after taking an oath to swear to tell the truth. It didn't go well. Ultimately, Judge Maya Guerra Gamble told the court staff that she was sending the jurors home after prosecutors took issue with Jones lying on the stand.

"Mr. Jones, you may not say to this jury that you complied with discovery," said Judge Gamble. "That is not true. You may not say it again."

The reason that Jones never got a decision from the jury in the case was that he refused to comply with the subpoena.
Alex Jones appeared in the Austin, Texas courtroom Tuesday after the jury heard testimony from the parents of the Sandy Hook children who were killed in 2012. Jones didn't appear in court until after the families spoke.
It goes down hill from there, Read the rest here: https://www.rawstory.com/alex-jones-adm ... for-lying/

Now the lawyers for Sandy Hook have proof that Alex Jones committed perjury under oath.
Sandy Hook families' lawyer confronts Alex Jones with evidence he lied under oath

InfoWars founder Alex Jones was caught off guard in court on Wednesday when an attorney representing the families of Sandy Hook victims presented evidence that he had previously lied under oath.

During testimony in a trial set to determine the amount of damages Jones owes to the Sandy Hook families after he falsely accused them of being part of a "false flag" operation, an attorney representing the plaintiffs confronted Jones over prior claims he'd made that he didn't have any text messages on his phone related to his controversial past statements about Sandy Hook.

Things quickly went downhill for Jones, however, when attorney Mark Bankston revealed that he had obtained a copy of data from Jones's phone after his own attorneys accidentally sent it to him.

"Twelve days ago, your attorneys messed up and sent me an entire digital copy of your entire cell phone with every text message you've sent for the past two years," the attorney informed him.

https://www.rawstory.com/alex-jones-trial-2657801766/

Caught in his own web of lies.

The attorney said that for dramatic affect. The opposing counsel (Jones’ lawyer) probably revealed the phone records and texts in the normal course of “discovery” to admit evidence into court records. Sure there could be damning stuff in there. But if that info was withheld by Jones’ lawyer the court would tear him a new one for refusing a subpoena of phone records. Can’t get away with shrugging one’s shoulders in court.

Hence it is interesting to see what the courts or congress will do to the DOD and SS phone records currently “gone missing” in the Jan 6 investigation.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Alex Jones lawyer closes court case comparing him to Holocaust survivor

The closing statements of Alex Jones lawyer unfolded on Wednesday afternoon as Mark Bankston argued that the fringe host was the same as a Holocaust survivor.

After arguing that the Sandy Hook families couldn't even spend all the money if they were awarded it, Bankston explained that coming after Jones means no one is safe.

Lutheran Pastor Martin Niemöller wrote a profound statement against apathy after World War II that Bankston felt encapsulated what Jones is now facing.
https://www.rawstory.com/alex-jones-co ... -survivor/

As one person fittingly responded, ‘ Where I come from, we call that chutzpah. Then we spit on the ground.“

tonguengroover wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:17 pm
"Twelve days ago, your attorneys messed up and sent me an entire digital copy of your entire cell phone with every text message you've sent for the past two years," the attorney informed him.
OOH Might be some good 1/6 stuff in there too.
Alex Jones perjured himself and that's a criminal offense. Remember: Lying under oath isn't perjury UNLESS it's material to the case. That's why Bill Clinton wasn't charged with perjury for lying about Monica Lewinsky: since their relations were totally consensual, it was not material to the Paula Jones sexual harassment case.
"Rights aren’t rights if someone can take them away. They’re privileges. That’s all we’ve ever had in this country is a bill of temporary privileges."--George Carlin

A question:
Why is this person not behind bars tonight?

Having publicly expressed absolute contempt for the court and,
in the course of being exposed as a perjurer with extraordinary cash/financial resources, it follows that;

A) he faces a potential judgment in this case that could set a record which might become the standard for future judgements, from a number of plaintiffs that are certain to arise,
and
B) he clearly represents a flight risk.

I am truly surprised that the judge didn't order him taken into custody immediately today, given the revelation of an apparent perjured affidavit in his bank-o filing.

If I were he, I would have walked out of the courtroom, called Planet 9 or similar air charter outfit, hopped on the G4 as soon as it arrived at the local out-of-the-way airstrip, and beat cheeks to the nearest extradition free zone, where I'm sure his money was stashed a long time ago.

I will be amazed if he shows up in court again. I can imagine he and Ken Lay sipping mai tais pool side in some comfortably quiet spot...
far away from here.
Subliterate Buffooery of the right...
Literate Ignorance of the left...
We Are So Screwed

Well, as you are clearly aware this is a civil suit that Jones is contending with. And damages awarded are always different than damages Collected. Jones may very well not pay a penny of the damages in which case the injured part can pursue that as a criminal case again in court. I don’t know that civil cases can immediately result in incarceration, even for those who are a flight risk to avoid paying damages. Jones May well end up being a person forced to hide for the rest of his life in a country with no extradition treaty if he refuses to pay the awarded damages. For sure he will squirrel away his assets away in some Caribbean island or whatever. But whatever the case may be, there is satisfaction that the weight of his debt will be something he will have to think about for the rest o his miserable life. Freedom is as important to human animals as oxygen and we don’t really notice it until it is somehow limited.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

It would really be too bad if ol' Alex went to jail for a decade on an other matter.
The January 6th House committee is preparing to request the trove of Alex Jones’s text messages and emails revealed Wednesday in a defamation lawsuit filed by victims of the Sandy Hook massacre, Rolling Stone has learned.

On Wednesday, Sandy Hook victims’ attorney Mark Bankston told Jones that his attorney had mistakenly sent Bankston three years worth of the conspiracy theorist’s emails and text messages copied from his phone.

Now — a source familiar with the matter and another person briefed on it tell Rolling Stone — the January 6th committee is preparing to request that data from the plaintiff attorneys in order to aid its investigation of the insurrection. These internal deliberations among the committee, which is probing former President Donald Trump’s role in causing the deadly Jan. 6 Capitol riot, began within minutes of the lawyer’s revelation being heard on the trial’s livestream on Wednesday afternoon.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... a-1392270/

Gave them the whole phone. Swift.

CDFingers
I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines
Come to Daddy on an inside straight: I got no chance of losin' this time

Alex Jones is like TOS, neither one could quietly slip off to another place and live off of the wealth they have. They demand and love the spotlight of attention to well. Be it good or bad attention they crave it and have to have it.

Bisbee wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:38 am Well, as you are clearly aware this is a civil suit that Jones is contending with. And damages awarded are always different than damages Collected. Jones may very well not pay a penny of the damages in which case the injured part can pursue that as a criminal case again in court. I don’t know that civil cases can immediately result in incarceration, even for those who are a flight risk to avoid paying damages.
Of course I'm aware of the differences between civil and criminal...
Jones turned this into criminal by perjuring himself, both to this court, with his claims of having complied with all discovery requests when, at the time, he had not...and...to the court with which he submitted a false affidavit in his bankruptcy petition.

And that is all that is needed to put him in cuffs. And to hold him as flight risk. Pending prosecution for perjury.
Subliterate Buffooery of the right...
Literate Ignorance of the left...
We Are So Screwed

Ah, yes, perjury in court testimony. A criminal offense. I had forgotten about that, Rolandson. Apparently Jones understood where this was leading better than I. The color did kinda drain from his pastie-white skin learning about the phone texts didn’t it?

The “conspiracy theorist” in me suspect that his attorney did NOT do it to sink this particular case but actually as a way to get evidence about 45 to the Jan 6th committee. It is damned suspicious not to have replied for 10 days after receiving notice asking whether the phone records were to be considered privileged information. Zip. Nada. No reply at all. And Jone’s phone records (the entire phone itself?!?) was handed over after recent news regarding loss of texts from SS, DOD, Homeland Security... Ah-sooo-desu-ka?

We may all have been witness to a pivotal moment in the investigation of the ex-president’s action to foment insurrection on January 6th. This may turn out to be like finding Epstein alive in his cell with the sheets around his neck. The little bugger’s got stories to tell!

Oh, god is great. :tongue:

rolandson wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:04 am A question:
Why is this person not behind bars tonight?

Having publicly expressed absolute contempt for the court and,
in the course of being exposed as a perjurer with extraordinary cash/financial resources, it follows that;

A) he faces a potential judgment in this case that could set a record which might become the standard for future judgements, from a number of plaintiffs that are certain to arise,
and
B) he clearly represents a flight risk.

I am truly surprised that the judge didn't order him taken into custody immediately today, given the revelation of an apparent perjured affidavit in his bank-o filing.

If I were he, I would have walked out of the courtroom, called Planet 9 or similar air charter outfit, hopped on the G4 as soon as it arrived at the local out-of-the-way airstrip, and beat cheeks to the nearest extradition free zone, where I'm sure his money was stashed a long time ago.

I will be amazed if he shows up in court again. I can imagine he and Ken Lay sipping mai tais pool side in some comfortably quiet spot...
far away from here.
I just assumed it was because he's a rich white guy and rich white guys get special privileges. Isn't that a law or something?
www.schayden.com

Alex Jones Must Pay $4 Million To Sandy Hook Parents, And The Jury Isn’t Done Yet

Conspiracy theorist Alex Jones will have to pay more than $4 million to the parents of a child killed in the Sandy Hook school shooting after spending years spreading lies that the shooting didn’t happen. The jury isn’t done yet, either.

The jurors deliberated for less than a day before coming to its decision Thursday that Jones must pay $4.1 million. They’ll be back in court again Friday, this time to determine a further amount Jones must pay up in punitive damages.
Full article here: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/alex-jo ... ecea4bf60e

Make him pay and pay and pay.

Could the other parents also sue using the same evidence.