New Member from Maryland

Hello ALL!
I am Randy Fisher and a new member to the forum from Monrovia, Maryland (which is 15 minutes East of Frederick). I wanted to say HELLO to everyone and hope to meet some of you in the future.

I am looking for a good gun club or range in the area that is welcoming to a "gun toting Liberal" like myself.
I recently got my handgun license and acquired a Springfield Armory Hellcat 9mm pistol and a High Point 9mm rifle that I am itching to get to a range to shoot and practice with.
Mattering on how good I am with them, I would like to also get into competition shooting if my skill warrants it.

I also am a practicing Blacksmith, gardener, and love to fish either on my Feelfree 11.5 V2 Kayak or from bank, dock, or beach, especially at Chincoteague Virginia.

Thank you and welcome meeting other like minded people!

Randy

Re: New Member from Maryland

:welcome: from a Maryland native who hasn't lived there since, well, I was a toddler. I was born in Havre deGrace, my folks were living in Edgewood at the time, and much of my mom's side of the family were in the Bel Air area (some descendants probably still are, but it's been years since I had contact with those distant cousins).

As it's been so long since I spent much time in the state, I'm not able to help you find a range. Something that will help you build muscle memory and skill while not using up your ammo budget is a Mantis X dry-fire trainer (or, I suppose, there are other dry-fire trainers that do well, but there's a sub-group of LGC folks who use the Mantis X...).

But if you ever find yourself over near where they hold that silly horse race every May, look me up!
Eventually I'll figure out this signature thing and decide what I want to put here.

Thank you for the info BearPaws!

By reading some of your earlier posts, I used to live above you on a farm in the "Buckeye State" the first 25 years of my life (57 now). It used to be so easy to just go out back behind the chicken coop and shoot to my hearts content (no body for at least 1/2 mile in all directions).

If I were to give myself a bear name it would be "CubPaws", hence the reason for the small frame Hellcat pistol I purchased. So many pistols are just to big for my fingers to reach around easily for mag release etc. I want to eventually get a .45 ACP pistol once I am used to shooting the 9mm.

Nice to talk at ya!
MDBigfoot

Blacksmith, eh? Totally sweet. Welcome from northern California from whence come your almonds. Hope you find a good range. I'm lucky up here in the north where lots of people shoot stuff and have fun doing so.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Thanks All for the WELCOMES,

I will have to move this subject to a different post location in the future but just a quick post........

I got BLACKSMITHING in the blood, after my late father (the last time I saw him alive) brought the farm anvil from Ohio to me because it was a family "heirloom" he wanted to make sure I got it. I thought blacksmithing would be another way to address my artistic needs, so I have been pounding steel for 6 years now and it keeps me busy and spirits up during the long winter doldrums.

My favorite thing to make are sharp things, as I am an avid knife and sword collector (along with collecting guns, fishing rods, and power tools).
Some day, I will get my Apple Tree Forge website active and show off my work for all to see, (and purchase if you want)

Thanks

MDBigfoot wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:30 am Thanks All for the WELCOMES,

I will have to move this subject to a different post location in the future but just a quick post........

I got BLACKSMITHING in the blood, after my late father (the last time I saw him alive) brought the farm anvil from Ohio to me because it was a family "heirloom" he wanted to make sure I got it. I thought blacksmithing would be another way to address my artistic needs, so I have been pounding steel for 6 years now and it keeps me busy and spirits up during the long winter doldrums.

My favorite thing to make are sharp things, as I am an avid knife and sword collector (along with collecting guns, fishing rods, and power tools).
Some day, I will get my Apple Tree Forge website active and show off my work for all to see, (and purchase if you want)

Thanks
OOH, well you came to the right place as many of us like knives as much as guns. There's a Knife thread bouncing around here somewhere.
I would hope the admin wouldn't be opposed to you posting stuff for sale. There's a guy who sells leather goods here.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”

To All,

I can't explain how much it means to me to be WELCOMED so warmly into a group of like minded people. I have lost "SO" many friends because of the political climate over the past 6 years and have felt so isolated and alone. I can't thank you all enough for just being welcomed into your group.

I foresee good times ahead!!

Thank you ALL!!

Randy Fisher "MDBigfoot"