Re: Streaming Anything Good?

1883 is one of the best programs I've seen in years.
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

Hiker wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:41 pm 1883 is one of the best programs I've seen in years.
It was good and I understand they were making a sequel to it that would then feed into the original program Yellowstone.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

A few details early in the show 1883 were a little wrong . The setting is at the northside stockyards in Fort Worth. That area was really the stockyards. But the saloons Baudy houses etc were not there at that time they were further south where the current Convention Center now stands. It was known as Hell's Half rAce. . The White Elephant Saloon was in that area and was owned by Luke Short. Tim Courtright was a real person and at one time was Deputy Sheriff. He was known to be on the take. As he takes what he wants.
Timothy Isaiah Courtright, also known as "Longhair Jim" or "Big Jim" Courtright, was a Tarrant County Deputy Sheriff in Ft. Worth, Texas from 1876-1879. In 1887, he was killed in a shootout with gambler and gunfighter Luke Short. Before his death, people feared Courtright's reputation as a gunman, and he successfully reduced Ft. Worth's murder rate by more than half, while reportedly extracting protection money from town business owners.
A couple of other tidbits The producer of 1883 like the area west of Fort Worth so well the bought a big ranch that was for sale in ether Parker or Palo Pinto county to use for more filming.

As for the Comanche war tribes, they had already been moved to Oklahoma reservation by 1875, under Quanah Parker, son of Cynthia Ann Parker.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

A lot of shows, most of them not that good. "This is Going to Hurt" about and written by Adam Kay a former NHS registrar (resident) in Ob-Gyn in Britain's National Health Service is good. I like the murder/detective series so: Signora Volpe; Murder in Provence; Grace; Vienna Blood and a lot more.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan