Checking in from southern Delaware

Looks like I'm the only member in the bottom 2 of the state's 3 counties. Hopefully we'll still see more members joining despite the semi-automatic rifle ban the governor is poised to sign into law tomorrow.

I'll admit finding out this was my last chance to get a rifle was what finally pushed me off the bench - been wanting something a bit more than my Ruger P89 for shooting for years. My wife and I are opening a coffee shop/bakery in a week or two, probably not moving out of the state any time soon so it was now or never.

I'm sure I'm not the first person with this riveting biography: deep in red state country, feeling like an alien every time I walked into a local gun shop or shooting range.

If anyone's moseying through Delaware's fine beach towns and needs a break, feel free to shoot me a DM. Be a pleasure to welcome LGC members who need a break from confederate flags and nine line shirts any time.

Re: Checking in from southern Delaware

Welcome from the red zone of northern California where your almonds come from. Up here we only farm about three crops, including rice and walnuts. My Representative is Doug LaMalfa, one of the Reps who voted against certifying AZ. I feel your pain. Lots of guns up here, though, all California legal, of course. I've owned guns my whole life and somehow I've managed to survive owning only legal guns all these years. Stunning.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

o/

I'm reporting this thread as spam because everyone knows Delaware doesn't exist. :lol: I mean, sure, there's that stretch of parking lot in front of the tollbooths on 95 that claims to be a different state from Maryland and Pennsylvania, but next you'll expect me to believe in Santa Claus and Joe Biden.

Hear you on the Confederate flags, though. Dude.

So whatcha shoot? I'm not much into rifles myself, but I do have one of those extremely dangerous .22-caliber semiautomatics that can accommodate large magazines. Wait, it's a 10/22. Oh well, I guess that's the same as an AR.

wings wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:45 pm o/

I'm reporting this thread as spam because everyone knows Delaware doesn't exist. :lol: I mean, sure, there's that stretch of parking lot in front of the tollbooths on 95 that claims to be a different state from Maryland and Pennsylvania, but next you'll expect me to believe in Santa Claus and Joe Biden.

So whatcha shoot? I'm not much into rifles myself, but I do have one of those extremely dangerous .22-caliber semiautomatics that can accommodate large magazines. Wait, it's a 10/22. Oh well, I guess that's the same as an AR.
Nice try buddy, but there's solid documentary evidence that Delaware exists in the movie Wayne's World.

My grandfather gave me his Ruger P89 a couple weeks before he passed and that's been my main range gun for 10 years now. I'd been planning to get a Glock 48 and a CCW this year (and a motorcycle...) but changed up my plans when I heard about the ~assault weapons~ ban.

I actually got lucky today and found a Mini Thirty! Would have preferred a Mini 14 but beggars can't be choosers. Looking forward to taking that to the range.

StuckmasterFlex wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:14 am
wings wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:45 pm o/

Nice try buddy, but there's solid documentary evidence that Delaware exists in the movie Wayne's World.

My grandfather gave me his Ruger P89 a couple weeks before he passed and that's been my main range gun for 10 years now. I'd been planning to get a Glock 48 and a CCW this year (and a motorcycle...) but changed up my plans when I heard about the ~assault weapons~ ban.

I actually got lucky today and found a Mini Thirty! Would have preferred a Mini 14 but beggars can't be choosers. Looking forward to taking that to the range.
You mentioned motorcycles…

https://www.theliberalgunclub.com/phpBB ... 98#p844298

I’ve been riding a few years now.

I had little interest in the AR platform, but the push illogical bans made take a closer look some years back. Since then I built an LR 308 and have plans for intermediate caliber AR as well.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Good Morning StuckmasterFlex and WELCOME to the club,

I am NEW here to the LGC club and it feels GREAT so far!!

I feel your pain on the "Alien in a gun shop/shooting range" feeling!
Even though I live in mostly BLUE Maryland, I frequent a gun shop West of Hagerstown, which I purchased my Hellcat 9mm pistol, High Point 9mm rifle, and took my MD Handgun Ownership course. I feel like a "deer in the headlights" every time I go in there, and have to hold my tongue when I hear the political bullshit being spewed.

We pass below you at least 2 to 3 times a year when my wife and I vacation at Chincoteague (talking about a "RED" zone). I also have been wanting to go Snakehead fishing at Blackwater Reserve in the future, as I have not been able to try my luck at the beasts yet. It would be GREAT to check out your coffee shop some time we are on your "side of the pond". If you want you could send, me a personal message of your location.

When our daughter was younger we would drive up to Ocean City for one night to eat Boardwalk Fries, Pizza and other bad food.

The company I work for, Communications Construction Group installs Aerial and Underground cable for Comcast and we have an office in Laurel, DE, so I know the area, from sending jobs for them to work in the area.

I hope to talk more some time, and meet up!!

Sincerely, Randy Fisher!!