Social security faces a fiscal cliff possibly cutting benefits.

If nothing is done Social Security will need to cut benefits by 2035. Now Sen. Sanders and Sen. Warren want to raise the earnings cap to cover the shortfall.

Of course the Repugs have said they won’t support any raise in the Tax, but would support raising the age you can receive benefits. Now that isn’t a new idea , Ronnie Raygun did that when he was President. He raised the age to get full benefits from a standard of 65 to increase each year depending upon your year of birth.

Read more at https://www.businessinsider.com/sander ... cks-2022-6

I would love to see the cap on income to be totally removed. Then we could have Social Security to be safe for our future retires.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Re: Social security faces a fiscal cliff possibly cutting benefits.

tonguengroover wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:49 pm Who's going to be alive in 35?
I will probably be since I will only be 84 y.o. My family has a history of being long living late 80s to mid 90s.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,