Re: House J6 Insurrection Hearings thread

The testimony was very good, but the format was terrible. It was too stage managed. Why wasn't testimony taken with a camera rolling in front of witnesses instead of a small camera at a distance or just audio testimony. To summarize the second session, even Trump's campaign manager, his AG and his advisors didn't believe Trump's rantings that there was election fraud.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

One more nail in the coffin. This drip, drip drip is driving me nuts - I want to binge watch all 6 at one time like I do netflix !! LOL

Agree this was kinda of a shit show edition, but was informative establishing the total bullshit of turds lies. It's obvious he knew it was all lies and BS. So difficult to believe this nation elected this cunt to office, much less presidency.

I also admit I keep waiting for gunfire to breakout during or end of session or to hear some witness recanted or has been murdered.
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

Wino wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:57 pm One more nail in the coffin. This drip, drip drip is driving me nuts - I want to binge watch all 6 at one time like I do netflix !! LOL

Agree this was kinda of a shit show edition, but was informative establishing the total bullshit of turds lies. It's obvious he knew it was all lies and BS. So difficult to believe this nation elected this cunt to office, much less presidency.

I also admit I keep waiting for gunfire to breakout during or end of session or to hear some witness recanted or has been murdered.
I think the trickle of hearings is quite by design. They want to give all the talking heads a day or two to really talk this stuff up. They're also very strategic in their videos, not only do they convey the message to those watching, they provide very good 10 second spots on news recaps. They are being very methodical in addressing every potential "but", so everyone knows there's no "but's" about it.

Will it be successful? Depends on your measurements for success. Ratings wise, it seems to be working. Will it affect voters? Yes it certainly will, but I doubt it will actually make a tangible difference in future elections.
“I think there’s a right-wing conspiracy to promote the idea of a left-wing conspiracy”

I agree. This appears a trial hearing by the prosecution presenting its case against the twice-impeached ex-President with supporting sworn testimony and video & written evidence presented to the American People!

Folks are not grokking that this Jan 6 Congressional committee hearing is Congress -an entire Branch of the American Government- presenting their work, evidence from a yearlong investigation, directly to their constituents. Those who whine that this is not yet a criminal prosecution have their point but are missing the fact that Americans are being asked to spend this time to pay attention, weigh the evidence, and act as Judge & Jury to an ex-President accused of sedition and domestic terrorism bordering on treason. (America still executes traitors!) Americans are being asked to defend Democracy and the sanctity of, “one person, one vote,” by Congress. That is the entire purpose of these hearings! Regardless of the actions of the AG going forward -to try and throw Trump in the clink or not- America will be in trouble if a clear majority of Americans do not feel there is a problem of deep personal concern for protecting our Democracy from despots and cults of personalities who capitalize on spreading fear through lies.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

My major problem is I have no confidence in the electorate to do the right thing. As I told a "born againer" recently - If there were a god turd would be a goner.

I love that the panel is making turds life miserable; that he squeals and whines and silly excuses from his addled empty head daily are amusing. The shitting bricks pic above is so on target. Turd, like shrub, will forever be on my shit list and neither will ever be forgiven for the damage they have done and continue to do to this nation. I want them both to suffer a 1000 cuts before the end.
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

Bisbee wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:16 pm I agree. This appears a trial hearing by the prosecution presenting its case against the twice-impeached ex-President with supporting sworn testimony and video & written evidence presented to the American People!

Folks are not grokking that this Jan 6 Congressional committee hearing is Congress -an entire Branch of the American Government- presenting their work, evidence from a yearlong investigation, directly to their constituents. Those who whine that this is not yet a criminal prosecution have their point but are missing the fact that Americans are being asked to spend this time to pay attention, weigh the evidence, and act as Judge & Jury to an ex-President accused of sedition and domestic terrorism bordering on treason. (America still executes traitors!) Americans are being asked to defend Democracy and the sanctity of, “one person, one vote,” by Congress. That is the entire purpose of these hearings! Regardless of the actions of the AG going forward -to try and throw Trump in the clink or not- America will be in trouble if a clear majority of Americans do not feel there is a problem of deep personal concern for protecting our Democracy from despots and cults of personalities who capitalize on spreading fear through lies.
Not the first time that hearing provided the evidence. Let's go back to another Repugnant Party president Nixon and Watergate. He should have been charged with crimes but the Congress and the DOJ felt his resignation in disgrace was enough and it was. He slithered off to California and that was it. In the current case TOT hasn't been punished and therefore we need to find him and his cohorts guilty of the crimes they committed. Lock them up and insure they can never cause and disruption of the democratic process.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

My favorite part of today's hearing.

A room full of election experts, political advisers, and highly regarded constitutional lawyers are all telling him there is no fraud, and he should drop the whole thing.

So what does he do?

He listens to the drunk, crazy guy and declares victory.

It kinda sums up the whole Trump presidency.
“I think there’s a right-wing conspiracy to promote the idea of a left-wing conspiracy”

It’s not that Trump listens to anyone then makes a decision like a rational person. He has his insane ideas then looks for “yes men” to support him, even when no-one but slobbering-drunk sycophants are left because everyone else has gone due to the dumpster-fire raging in the middle of the room.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

You'll need some cheese to go with this 12 page whine, his rebuttal to June 13.

https://thehill.com/wp-content/uploads/ ... rump-1.pdf

Pullzitser Prize for sure. The fire hose of effluent.
The Wheel is turnin' and you can't slow down, you let go and you can't hold on, you can't go back and you can't stand still. If the thunder don't get you then the lightnin' will!
CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

The hearings are political drama with witnesses, but it's one sided. It's like a trial where all jurors see and hear is the prosecution case, the defense is never seen or heard. Trump lost and knew he lost on Nov 8th, but he didn't want to lose the power that came with the presidency so with Miller, Rudy, Sydney and other locos he hatched the "election fraud" conspiracy. Republicans in battleground states didn't buy into the fraud, like Rafensperger and Kemp in GA, Ducey in AZ and the Republican NV secretary of state and on January 6th Mike Pence.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

highdesert wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:02 pm The testimony was very good, but the format was terrible. It was too stage managed. Why wasn't testimony taken with a camera rolling in front of witnesses instead of a small camera at a distance or just audio testimony. To summarize the second session, even Trump's campaign manager, his AG and his advisors didn't believe Trump's rantings that there was election fraud.
BUT, watching a former Fed prosecutor...did trump the traitor really BELIEVE the election was stolen(regardless of proof it wasn't)..or did he KNOW it wasn't stolen but pressed on with his big lie regardless...That, according to the prosecutor, makes a difference.

highdesert wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:29 am The hearings are political drama with witnesses, but it's one sided. It's like a trial where all jurors see and hear is the prosecution case, the defense is never seen or heard. Trump lost and knew he lost on Nov 8th, but he didn't want to lose the power that came with the presidency so with Miller, Rudy, Sydney and other locos he hatched the "election fraud" conspiracy. Republicans in battleground states didn't buy into the fraud, like Rafensperger and Kemp in GA, Ducey in AZ and the Republican NV secretary of state and on January 6th Mike Pence.
Is there really any defense? The only defense is Rudi's lies and all the legal battles they lost in court.
There's also republicans on the committee so it isn't one sided.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”

tonguengroover wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:36 am
highdesert wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:29 am The hearings are political drama with witnesses, but it's one sided. It's like a trial where all jurors see and hear is the prosecution case, the defense is never seen or heard. Trump lost and knew he lost on Nov 8th, but he didn't want to lose the power that came with the presidency so with Miller, Rudy, Sydney and other locos he hatched the "election fraud" conspiracy. Republicans in battleground states didn't buy into the fraud, like Rafensperger and Kemp in GA, Ducey in AZ and the Republican NV secretary of state and on January 6th Mike Pence.
Is there really any defense? The only defense is Rudi's lies and all the legal battles they lost in court. There's also republicans on the committee so it isn't one sided.
This is a hearing run by the party that controls the US House, Democrats. The two Republicans on the committee were appointed by Pelosi, she rejected Republicans nominated by McCarthy. There is always a defense, but it's up to voters to decide and they're fickle. And the spin doctors have been hard at work.

6/6/2022 from The Hill
The percentage of Americans who say former President Trump was responsible for the Jan. 6, 2021, riot at the U.S. Capitol dropped to 45 percent in an NBC News poll released on Monday. About 17 percent of respondents said the former president is solely responsible for the rioting, while 28 percent say he is mainly responsible, according to the survey.

In January 2021, 52 percent of respondents said Trump was responsible, with 28 percent saying he was solely responsible and 24 percent saying he was mainly responsible. By comparison, the percentage of Americans in the new poll who say Trump was “not really” responsible for Jan. 6 grew to 35 percent, up from 29 percent in January 2021. About 20 percent of Americans now say he is somewhat responsible, up from 18 percent 18 months ago.
https://thehill.com/news/3512919-percen ... rops-poll/

CDFingers wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:24 pm You'll need some cheese to go with this 12 page whine, his rebuttal to June 13.

https://thehill.com/wp-content/uploads/ ... rump-1.pdf

Pullzitser Prize for sure. The fire hose of effluent.
The Wheel is turnin' and you can't slow down, you let go and you can't hold on, you can't go back and you can't stand still. If the thunder don't get you then the lightnin' will!
CDFingers
Damn shame my inkjet printer can't print on TP - the perfect fodder for these 12 pages of whiny shit.

Most amusing here that the ex-President actually talked to the AG like an enraged 3 y/o.
Barr quoted Trump referring to himself in the third person, “You must have said this because you hate Trump. You hate Trump!”
As it turns out, this is something that 45 has reportedly done so often that author JK Rowling once tweeted,
“I wonder whether Trump talks to Trumpself in the third Trumperson when Trump's alone. https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/sta ... 6236742656
This illeistic impulse is complex and may have psychological implications that are much more than the idea of a flawed or infantile ego often associated with people who do this.

But in 45, somehow I doubt it.

The people who voted for the orange spirochete would also pay-per-view a condemned prisoner hunted by six guys with under powered archery equipment. We have to live with them, but we certainly do not have to let them into positions of power. Vote out all Republicans.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

The Jan. 6 committee needs to also investigate some of the TOT appointed judges and how they are treating the defendants as compared to other Federal Judges.
Trump-loving judge compiles a shocking record of letting Capitol rioters off easy -- with MAGA talking points

A federal judge appointed by former President Donald Trump less than a year after he worked on Trump’s transition team has emerged as the lightest sentencer of defendants who took part in the January 6 Capitol riot.

Judge Trevor McFadden has repeatedly criticized the U. S. Justice Department (DOJ) and individual prosecutors for sentencing recommendations he has termed “disproportionate.” And he has backed up those words with sentences well below those sought by prosecutors.
https://www.rawstory.com/trevor-mcfadd ... I#cxrecs_s

A TOT supporter and member of the Federalist Society, we couldn’t expect any better.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,