Democratic Illinois governor signs bill banning possession of unserialized frames/receivers

Democrats gutted a bill pertaining to utilities to do this.
https://www.ilga.gov/legislation/fullte ... =&Session=
(c) Beginning 180 days after the effective date of this
4 amendatory Act of the 102nd General Assembly, it is unlawful
5 for any person to knowingly possess, transport, or receive an
6 unfinished frame or receiver, unless:
What Are ‘Ghost Guns', And Why Are They Now Banned in Illinois?
“The people creating, selling, and purchasing these firearms know that they’re working to circumvent common-sense gun laws that ensure guns stay out of the hands of traffickers, abusers, and convicted criminals,” Pritzker said in a statement.
No more building from blanks or flats for Illinois residents.

Re: Democratic Illinois governor signs bill banning possession of unserialized frames/receivers

How are "they" going to know you have this? They can't unless they inspect every gun at the range or go house to house. Not going to happen. What crimes will the serial number prevent? None. But it's not an air ball. This is your .gov on neoliberals: this is a way to get you into a private prison for longer after you've done a crime with the weapon. Tacks on added years of revenue to private corporations from tax payer pockets.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Re: Democratic Illinois governor signs bill banning possession of unserialized frames/receivers

BKinzey wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 11:34 am
tonguengroover wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 10:48 am If you get pulled over and declare you have a weapon and they get their hands on it is how they might know.
True, but those are two big ifs. Hopefully those who choose to transport will learn what, if anything, needs to be declared during a stop.
True that, I thought I didn't have to declare here in AZ but I was wrong. So I was breakin the law numerous times.
However if a cop comes to my window he will see my firearm tucked between my seats.
One nice cop stopped me and saw it, he said just keep your hands where I can see'm and don't make any rash movements.
I had my license registration and proof of insurance sticking out the window when he walked up. He gave me kudos for that and said no one ever does that.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”

What about guns made before 1968? I have a Marlin M1-99 22LR carbine that my dad bought for me in 1967 as a birthday present. It has no serial number or any other number except for the model number. They were never serial numbered until after 1968.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

TrueTexan wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 4:51 pm What about guns made before 1968? I have a Marlin M1-99 22LR carbine that my dad bought for me in 1967 as a birthday present. It has no serial number or any other number except for the model number. They were never serial numbered until after 1968.
Grandfathered in. If it's not registererd and serialzed like CDFingers said, how will they know you have it anyways.
My lawyer once said, son, don't volunteer information to the law unless you want to go to jail.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”