Re: REINTRODUCING THE MARLIN® MODEL 1895 TRAPPER LEVER-ACTION RIFLE

I'm totally glad about the quality of these--I have Marlins and Rugers and can confirm the quality is high. The short barrel here is designed for quick action in the woods: "Trapper." Sure, it would be more accurate with a longer barrel and sight radius. The short one is quicker. At home, I'm sure lookin' at the business end of one of those would be like peering down a train tunnel to Hell.

CDFigners
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

sikacz wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 3:27 am Might be interesting if it came with a 28” barrel.
Then that would be the first one Ruger/Marlin came out with, 1895 SBR with a 19 inch barrel.
https://www.marlinfirearms.com/s/model_1895sbl/

I like the straight walled ammo. Not sure why but it appeals to me. If I ever run into one on the shelf it's going to be really hard not to grab it.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”

CDFingers wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 8:06 am I'm totally glad about the quality of these--I have Marlins and Rugers and can confirm the quality is high. The short barrel here is designed for quick action in the woods: "Trapper." Sure, it would be more accurate with a longer barrel and sight radius. The short one is quicker. At home, I'm sure lookin' at the business end of one of those would be like peering down a train tunnel to Hell.

CDFigners
Hope your neighbors are a mile or so away from you...

CDFingers wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 9:34 am Did you all see how good Hickock45 is with that .45-70? That video above compares the Remington version and the Marlin version.

CDFingers
Yeah, and I can't believe the round went straight through that little clay pot without obliterating it.
Personally I want one in .405 Win. Not sure there's all that much difference between a .405 or a 45-70.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”

CDFingers wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 8:34 am Last time I took out the Siamese Mauser .45-70. I'm gonna stay away from the 500 grainers.
CDFingers
And that was only from the Muzzle Blast.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,