Biden allegedly considers firearm prohibitionist Steve Dettelbach to head ATF

Biden to take second crack at filling top gun official role
During an unsuccessful run for attorney general of Ohio in 2018, Dettelbach called for reinstating the assault weapons ban and universal background checks on gun purchases—two positions that have sparked GOP opposition to past nominees. A U.S. attorney from 2009 to 2016, he sought a return to that post last year. He has supporters in high places. Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio) has been pushing him as a nominee for ATF director, according to four people familiar with the conversations.
The current acting head of the bureau, Marvin Richardson, has also been raised as a possibility to be a formal nominee in discussions with the White House. But a person familiar with the process said Richardson is not under consideration for the permanent director job.
“They don’t engage with us to see what it is exactly that we would like with the ATF director. They haven’t engaged us at all,” said Murray. “We believe that we need a new ATF director immediately, given that reducing crime is one of their priorities for the administration.”

Re: Biden allegedly considers firearm prohibitionist Steve Dettelbach to head ATF

It's an election year and Biden still has to pay dues to the anti-gun groups so he nominates an AWB candidate, even though he knows Dettelbach probably won't get confirmed. It's all about appearances not results. He secured the black vote with the nomination of Jackson, but the Hispanic vote isn't in his pocket.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Biden allegedly considers firearm prohibitionist Steve Dettelbach to head ATF

With energy and fuel prices where they are, Brandon hasn’t secured any votes except those who are so locked in to this chaos they can’t vote any other way.

Free thinking black people who see the cost at the pump and grocery store wiping out their paychecks don’t give a crap about the SCOTUS moron he nominated.

Are you people really that drawn to the liberal mantra that you can’t think for yourselves?

Stop sucking down the MSDNC koolaid…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Biden allegedly considers firearm prohibitionist Steve Dettelbach to head ATF

BuzzinSATX wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:49 pm With energy and fuel prices where they are, Brandon hasn’t secured any votes except those who are so locked in to this chaos they can’t vote any other way.

Free thinking black people who see the cost at the pump and grocery store wiping out their paychecks don’t give a crap about the SCOTUS moron he nominated.

Are you people really that drawn to the liberal mantra that you can’t think for yourselves?

I guess some facts about energy prices would be beyond you..like oil producing companies NOT producing so to not get burned like they did in 2020(negative oil prices), followed by a YUGE surge in consumer spending...called supply and demand. I guess you are a typical trumpista lemming..probably believe in the big lie too.
Gee, from texas too..what a surprise. SCOTUS moron...ya mean cavanaugh or barrett?

And trump is a traitor.....

F4FEver wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:18 am
BuzzinSATX wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:49 pm With energy and fuel prices where they are, Brandon hasn’t secured any votes except those who are so locked in to this chaos they can’t vote any other way.

I guess some facts about energy prices would be beyond you..like oil producing companies NOT producing so to not get burned like they did in 2020(negative oil prices), followed by a YUGE surge in consumer spending...called supply and demand. I guess you are a typical trumpista lemming..probably believe in the big lie too.
Gee, from texas too..what a surprise. SCOTUS moron...ya mean cavanaugh or barrett?

And trump is a traitor.....
It seems truly sad that so many Trumpistas can't even spell Biden correctly.
To be vintage it must be older than me!
The next gun I buy will be the next to last gun I ever buy. PROMISE!
jim

Along with ATF 2021R-05: "Definition of 'Frame or Receiver' and Identification of Firearms" being dropped on those who build firearms is this:
Biden to nominate new ATF chief, release ghost gun rule
The White House confirmed that Biden is announcing the nomination of Steve Dettlebach, who served as a U.S. attorney in Ohio from 2009 to 2016, in a Monday afternoon event. The administration is also releasing the finalized version of its ghost gun rule, which comes as the White House and the Justice Department have been under growing pressure to crack down on gun deaths and violent crime in the U.S.

Dettlebach’s confirmation is likely to be an uphill battle for the Biden administration. Biden had to withdraw the nomination of his first ATF nominee, gun-control advocate David Chipman, after the nomination stalled for months because of opposition from Republicans and some Democrats in the Senate.

Both Republican and Democratic administrations have failed to get nominees for the ATF position through the politically fraught process since the director’s position was made confirmable in 2006. Since then, only one nominee, former U.S. Attorney B. Todd Jones, has been confirmed. Jones made it through the Senate in 2013 but only after a six-month struggle. Jones was acting director when President Barack Obama nominated him in January 2013.

I think Dettlebach's nomination will have problems with some Democrats in congress, not just Republicans. Biden has to kiss the feet of the anti-gunners so an AWB supporter for ATF director and "ghost gun" ATF regs to placate the Bloomies. Biden's whoring for votes this year so I expect he'll be making more gun control speeches.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Steven Dettlebach was confirmed as ATF director. ATF is part of the US DOJ.
WASHINGTON, D.C.— Firearms Policy Coalition issued the following statement in response to the United States Senate’s confirmation of Steven Dettelbach as permanent director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF):

The Senate failed the People today. The purpose of agency directors is to serve ministerial duties, not to subvert law and cheerlead the abrogation of our rights. By confirming an anti-rights zealot to helm one of the nation’s most infamous agencies, the Senate has all but promised that the ATF will continue, or even worsen, its violations of the trust of the People.

Steven Dettelbach–who aggressively promoted “universal background checks” and “assault weapon” bans–will serve as the first permanent ATF director since Byron Todd Jones, who stepped down in 2015. ATF has a storied history of civil rights violations, arming cartels, and not to mention the commission of atrocities such as those at Waco, Texas. It cannot be understated how concerning it is that an anti-rights zealot will now be taking the helm of that agency.

With several members of the Senate absent due to varying health issues, Republicans had the power to avert Dettelbach’s confirmation. For reasons beyond our comprehension, two GOP Senators seemed to salivate at the opportunity to advance a hand-picked anti-rights activist, thus allowing him to narrowly gain confirmation in a 48-46 vote. By confirming Dettelbach, the Senate has once again failed the People in spectacular fashion. The Senate Republicans who made Dettelbach’s confirmation possible are: Sen. Susan Collins (ME) and Sen. Rob Portman (OH). FPC remains vigilant against the weaponization of federal law enforcement against peaceable people. As this new chapter of the ATF begins under Dettelbach’s leadership, FPC will use all tools available to meet any infringement of individual rights with the appropriate corresponding response.
https://www.firearmspolicy.org/fpc-stat ... explosives