Hello from North Baltimore

I'm a new member, located in north Baltimore. Politically I'm a social democrat, progressive patriot type. Until recently, I hadn't shot in a very long time, but am now a member of one of the clubs in AGC and going to the range on the weekends. I own two Glocks (20 and 21), a Benelli, and am building two AR-10s (supply chain issues are not making that easy). I'm interested in trying out action shooting once I re-develop my pistol technique some more, as well as precision rifle once I finish the build.

Interested in meeting other like-minded folks.

Re: Hello from North Baltimore

Howdy from Houston!
It's funny how people think we here are all "Like-minded". From my time spent here lately, I can see that the most "liked" is the disgust of the Trump. In the past there have been topics focused on more than others. At one time everybody was on the "Hate Hillary" campaign. However, that is what I like best about this place, agree or not, but always have healthy debates.

By the way, I too am a fan of the 10mm and 45 acp.
Never confuse knowledge with intelligence.

:welcome: from over here in Kentucky!

I was born a little northeast of you, in Harford County. During a trip back forty-some years ago, childhood me had the impression that I was related to half the county we visited so many of my grandfather's kinfolks.
Eventually I'll figure out this signature thing and decide what I want to put here.

Welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell. Went to school on the hill in Brooklandville back when it was a boarding school. Grew up in Baltimore when it was still a collection of ethnic neighborhoods and also worked as an optician on Charles just north of Mount Vernon Place. As a child I'd go to work with dad and he'd let me wander freely, to the Walters and Enoch Pratt and Peabody (when older it was the Peabody Bookstore and Beer Stube more often than the conservatory) and down to McCormicks and the waterfront. The good folk there taught me about tea tasting.
To be vintage it must be older than me!
The next gun I buy will be the next to last gun I ever buy. PROMISE!
jim

Howdy from the Sonoran desert.
Been to Baltimore, Fells Point, Mt. Vernon took a train to DC. Faidley's for Crab cakes...yum. Hit John Hopkin's for the kid to check out for med school.
Funny thing happened at Faidleys. It was getting late and we were waiting for a cab, undercover detective pulls up, gets out, says " You people shouldn't be round here after dark" Meaning y'all are to white. lol
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”

Welcome aboard from Southwest Ohio. I generally avoid MD like the plague, as I cannot carry there. When traveling to NCR I always stay in VA. However, I can’t avoid it when they send me to Ft. Meade. Some really nice parts of the state as I’ve also been to Eastern MD (pax river) I just don’t like the gun laws!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

emc2 wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:27 pm
CDFingers wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:15 am Semi's eat ammo. Feed them by learning reloading. It's fun.
Would love to, but unfortunately, you can't have separate powder in a multi-tenant building here :(
I would view that as a challenge. I would bet your local gun store would store your jug of powder, and you could go get a half cup or so to make some rounds. Still, shooting stuff remains fun. It's not as trouble free as playing Frisbee, that's for sure.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

CDFingers wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:25 am
emc2 wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:27 pm
CDFingers wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:15 am Semi's eat ammo. Feed them by learning reloading. It's fun.
Would love to, but unfortunately, you can't have separate powder in a multi-tenant building here :(
I would view that as a challenge. I would bet your local gun store would store your jug of powder, and you could go get a half cup or so to make some rounds. Still, shooting stuff remains fun. It's not as trouble free as playing Frisbee, that's for sure.
Not quite that, but... You might actually be able to bring a reloader out to an outdoor range and just do your reloading there. I'd have to check the range rules, but that might actually be ok.

sikacz wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:18 am Howdy and welcome from Houston! Post some pics on your builds. As noted earlier, like minded is a depends. LoL. This place does have a full spectrum of like minded.
"Like minded" is a relative concept...

As for the builds, quality barrels seem to be back-ordered to oblivion. I'm resigned to the fact that I probably won't have them finished for years.