Ranges in the Portland, OR metro area?

Hello LGC members! I know there are a few folks here from the OR/WA area so I wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions on a non-NRA affiliated range I can go zero in the new rifle to 100-200yrds. I live within walking distance of the Wash. Co (tri-county) gun club and training range but they require you to be an NRA member to join, and that sure as ish ain't happening. I know I can drive out to bureau of land management land and do my thing but I'm hoping for a range where I can pop in, do the deed and head out without a lot of fuss.

I appreciate any suggestions!

Re: Ranges in the Portland, OR metro area?

getouttadodge wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:50 pm Hello LGC members! I know there are a few folks here from the OR/WA area so I wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions on a non-NRA affiliated range I can go zero in the new rifle to 100-200yrds. I live within walking distance of the Wash. Co (tri-county) gun club and training range but they require you to be an NRA member to join, and that sure as ish ain't happening. I know I can drive out to bureau of land management land and do my thing but I'm hoping for a range where I can pop in, do the deed and head out without a lot of fuss.

I appreciate any suggestions!
You may want to check out The English Pit, a public range not too far from you. Their centerfire rage goes to 100 yards. https://www.englishpit.com

A lot of our PDX area members have membership at TriCounty, and one of them may chime in to offer to take you in as a guest.

I'm a member at ARPC, Albany Rifle and Pistol Club, near Corvallis. It's private as well, but I'd be happy to host you if you can't get in anywhere closer to you. arpc.info Their rifle range goes out to 200 yards.

There are public ranges on forest land east of you- do a search for Wolf Creek range. Those suckers fill up fast on the weekends.

Good luck! :D
"I am not a number, I am a free man!" - Number Six

Bacchus wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:00 pm You may want to check out The English Pit, a public range not too far from you. Their centerfire rage goes to 100 yards. https://www.englishpit.com

A lot of our PDX area members have membership at TriCounty, and one of them may chime in to offer to take you in as a guest.

I'm a member at ARPC, Albany Rifle and Pistol Club, near Corvallis. It's private as well, but I'd be happy to host you if you can't get in anywhere closer to you. arpc.info Their rifle range goes out to 200 yards.

There are public ranges on forest land east of you- do a search for Wolf Creek range. Those suckers fill up fast on the weekends.

Love it! Thank you Bacchus!

I have heard of, and forgotten about the English pit, honestly I try to avoid crossing the river if I can, but I might make an exception. I'd be interested to hear from current members if TriCounty has "softened" their stances, but given its a LEO training facility and seeing the bumper stickers on the "info warrior rides" coming out of the parking lot I'm not terribly hopeful.

I am unfamiliar with ARPC, however a lot of my buddies are from the Albany area, might try to schedule a visit later this summer. Fee's are a bit high given how often I'd be able to make it down, but I did see they offer/allow "community service" to help offset the dues. I've got 20yrs of professional, high level tech experience that I do a lot of trade work with, I'm sure there is something they could use. :-)

Thanks again,

getouttadodge wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:39 pm
Bacchus wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:00 pm You may want to check out The English Pit, a public range not too far from you. Their centerfire rage goes to 100 yards. https://www.englishpit.com

Love it! Thank you Bacchus!

I have heard of, and forgotten about the English pit, honestly I try to avoid crossing the river if I can, but I might make an exception. I'd be interested to hear from current members if TriCounty has "softened" their stances, but given its a LEO training facility and seeing the bumper stickers on the "info warrior rides" coming out of the parking lot I'm not terribly hopeful.

I am unfamiliar with ARPC, however a lot of my buddies are from the Albany area, might try to schedule a visit later this summer. Fee's are a bit high given how often I'd be able to make it down, but I did see they offer/allow "community service" to help offset the dues. I've got 20yrs of professional, high level tech experience that I do a lot of trade work with, I'm sure there is something they could use. :-)

Thanks again,
Yeah, ARPC is really good about giving credit for service; it's usually stuff like putting in RO hours, regular range cleanup days, staffing tables at gun shows, etc. They also don't require NRA membership. Bonus! :)

There's also the Douglas Ridge Rifle Club in Eagle Creek, but their fees seem high and there's NRA membership required -or- an assessment in lieu of membership. I have *heard* of people using fake membership numbers to get in to TCGC, but it's been some years and I don't know if they check or if they care.
"I am not a number, I am a free man!" - Number Six