Kalashnikov USA allegedly has some of Kalashnikov Concern's TDPs

Per an interview with Gun Jesus, Ian McCollum, at SHOT Show. Time-indexed:
[youtu_be]https://youtu.be/X4eNIwORRrg?t=498[/youtu_be]

This has long been suspected, given how close to the originals, part for part, KR-100s are. I don't see a successful lawsuit coming from Kalashnikov Concern, given the sanctions and pending invasion of Ukraine.

Admittedly, a KUSA Dragunov might be worth a look.

Re: Kalashnikov USA allegedly has some of Kalashnikov Concern's TDPs

FrontSight wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:38 pm
wlewisiii wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:14 pm
FrontSight wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:38 am around $3,500.
The Zastava M91 has an MSRP of $3499.99 ;)

No, it's not a SVD as it's based on the AK action instead, but it will do the same job just as well.
And those are selling pretty well.
I recall passing on one when it was $2K. I got a bargain basement PSL-54C instead.

M70, M90, and M92 have been rock solid.

PSL's are another example. The second they hit the market, they're sold out; regardless of price. I remember when they sold out instantly at $549, and now look what they go for!

So if you were to tool up to make a Dragunov and hit a price point at around $3,500; you're goin to sell every last rifle you can build.
“I think there’s a right-wing conspiracy to promote the idea of a left-wing conspiracy”

FrontSight wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:49 pm PSL's are another example. The second they hit the market, they're sold out; regardless of price. I remember when they sold out instantly at $549, and now look what they go for!

So if you were to tool up to make a Dragunov and hit a price point at around $3,500; you're goin to sell every last rifle you can build.
True. I don't know that a Dragunov is really any better than an M91 in terms of accuracy, but it is more unique.

DispositionMatrix wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:01 pm True. I don't know that a Dragunov is really any better than an M91 in terms of accuracy, but it is more unique.
Agreed. The demand for the Dragunov is just the legend that is the Dragunov. That's why real ones go for over $10k.

But honestly, for the job of DMR, you really don't need a real spectacular rifle. Most full power military rifles can get it done when topped with the right optic and the right training.
“I think there’s a right-wing conspiracy to promote the idea of a left-wing conspiracy”