Ghost Gunner 3 can mill from 0% w/updates

With a software and fixture updates the CNC machine allegedly can mill an AR lower from a block of aluminum. Limitations apply.
Turn a Metal Block into an AR Lower at Home with the GG3 Upgrade
80% lowers need not apply: In this episode of TFBTV, James Reeves speaks with Cody Wilson about the NEW upgrade to the Ghost Gunner 3 that allows GG3 owners to turn “0% receivers” – regular blocks of aluminum – into AR-15 receivers, and possibly pistol frames and other components. Yes: this means that if you own a Ghost Gunner 3, a software update and a new set of fixtures will allow you to start making your own lowers at home. Cody gives you the details personally on today’s TFBTV ep.

sbɐɯ ʎʇıɔɐdɐɔ pɹɐpuɐʇs ɟo ןןnɟ ǝɟɐs
ɯɯ6 bdd ɹǝɥʇןɐʍ
13ʞ
"ǝuıqɹɐɔ 1ɐ4ɯ" dɯɐʇsןןoɹ --- ɯoɔos0269ǝן ʇןoɔ
"ǝuıqɹɐɔ ʇuǝɯǝɔɹoɟuǝ ʍɐן sʇןoɔ" dɯɐʇsןןoɹ --- 0269ǝן ʇןoɔ
(béɟ) 59-pɯɐ

Re: Ghost Gunner 3 can mill from 0% w/updates

FrontSight wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:15 am Brilliant name, that won't attract any attention at all. I see major legal troubles coming their way.
Agree, it’s a “thumb in the eye” name. It’s just like the bills being put forward, it’s a dig at the opposition. A simple “AR15/10 Milling Machine” would have been clear enough. Instead let’s use a term that riles up the antis. Real smart. Price tag is a bit steep still. You can get equipment cheaper and with a little CAD knowledge could produce your own milling center.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

sikacz wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:25 am
FrontSight wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:15 am Brilliant name, that won't attract any attention at all. I see major legal troubles coming their way.
Agree, it’s a “thumb in the eye” name. It’s just like the bills being put forward, it’s a dig at the opposition. A simple “AR15/10 Milling Machine” would have been clear enough. Instead let’s use a term that riles up the antis. Real smart. Price tag is a bit steep still. You can get equipment cheaper and with a little CAD knowledge could produce your own milling center.
It's worse than that. The mere name shows intent, and that will be used against them when they're sitting in court. So I'll make my prediction now. They will be raided by the end of the summer.
“I think there’s a right-wing conspiracy to promote the idea of a left-wing conspiracy”

FrontSight wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:46 am
sikacz wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:25 am
It's worse than that. The mere name shows intent, and that will be used against them when they're sitting in court. So I'll make my prediction now. They will be raided by the end of the summer.
I wouldn’t be surprised.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

DispositionMatrix wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:33 pm The GG CNC mill has been on the market for more than 7 years.
7 years ago there were no "ghost gun" laws on the books; just the basic federal stuff. Since then we have had many very high profile (can't get higher profile than the LV shooting) mass shootings, and dozens of criminals busted with home made guns. I think the political climate is such that they will be under very heavy scrutiny. 7 years ago "ghost gun" was a catchy name that didn't really mean anything. These days "ghost gun" is associated with criminal intent.
“I think there’s a right-wing conspiracy to promote the idea of a left-wing conspiracy”

FrontSight wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:32 pm
DispositionMatrix wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:33 pm The GG CNC mill has been on the market for more than 7 years.
7 years ago there were no "ghost gun" laws on the books; just the basic federal stuff. Since then we have had many very high profile (can't get higher profile than the LV shooting) mass shootings, and dozens of criminals busted with home made guns. I think the political climate is such that they will be under very heavy scrutiny. 7 years ago "ghost gun" was a catchy name that didn't really mean anything. These days "ghost gun" is associated with criminal intent.
At the behest of firearm prohibitionists, yes. The whole point of declaring home-built firearms "ghost guns" was to equate the building of firearms by individuals with crime. This has gone remarkably well for the Democratic/firearm prohibitionist bloc, having been every bit as successful as the VPC's promotion of the term "assault weapon." The police lobby and, predictably, the media have picked up the torch, bleating "ghost gun" every time a criminal is caught with a firearm with a defaced serial number, something that occurred long before anyone dreamed up "ghost gun."

Defense Distributed or the actual developers of the CNC mill might not have done themselves any favors in naming the product, but I'm not apt to be concerned with what it's called and am just impressed, if the video is to be believed, the mill's capability has advanced to the level of being able to mill from a block of aluminum rather than requiring a piece already milled to 80% of being a lower.