Dogs thread

For some reason, I thought there was a thread about dogs. Maybe it's in another section of the forum. I can move this to there if that's appropriate.

Anyway, a year or two ago, I bought a pair of coats for my Basset Hounds. They didn't like them. Orville would let me put one on him, but just stood there--wouldn't move. Wilbur refused to even let me put one on him, so I didn't push it. Put the coats away for a season (or two?).

I was going to clean gutters for my folks, and was taking the boys with me--they like to run in my folks' big (~4 acres) fenced yard with my folks' Australian Shepherds. It was chilly, so I took the coats along, thinking I'd try again in a different setting after they had a chance to contemplate the weather.

I put one on Orville, since I figured he was the most likely to accept it. Five seconds after I put it on him, he was zooming across the yard. A little while later, I called Wilbur to me and put the other coat on him. What changed? Who knows. Different setting, seeing his "Brudder" wearing a coat with no problems, figured out it made him warm, or some combination of those and some other change, but he wasn't bothered at all by the coat, and played and patrolled the yard (they have foxes that come by many evenings) until it was time to go home.

This evening, when I got home from work, I figured I'd try them again since I was taking them for a walk. They get moderately excited about their walks, and in their excitement, on went the coats. I was a little surprised that they offered zero resistance.

Their attention was drawn to the sounds of two owls conversing down the street.
Basset Brudders in Carhartt.jpg

Then I got them to look at me, but Orville was distracted by some noise behind me as the camera did its thing.
Basset Coats.jpg
Basset Coats.jpg (13.61 KiB) Viewed 4924 times
Eventually I'll figure out this signature thing and decide what I want to put here.

Re: Dogs thread

We welcomed this little angle into our home in October. My Sister's Lab had a practice litter and we were blessed with Maisie.
Maisie.jpg
In this picture she was 25lbs. Yeah, two months later...45lbs and growing
Never confuse knowledge with intelligence.

Re: Dogs thread

FlyGuy wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:54 am We welcomed this little angle into our home in October. My Sister's Lab had a practice litter and we were blessed with Maisie.
Maisie.jpg
In this picture she was 25lbs. Yeah, two months later...45lbs and growing
Puppies are so darned cute! She's going to be a great family member!
Eventually I'll figure out this signature thing and decide what I want to put here.