Re: S&W GIVEAWAY

INVICTVS138 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:56 pm Eh … who wants the extra, mechanical complex complexity of a thumb safety and a grip safety? Not me.
Agreed.

I had thought about getting a Shield EZ for a relative who lacks the hand strength I enjoy. I tinkered with one at my local gun shop a while back, and it's LOTS easier to work the controls.

I personally don't "need" that ease of use right now, but who knows what my hands will be like in twenty years, when I'm the age of the person I had in mind?

The nice thing about that thumb safety is that it's low-profile enough that it takes intent to engage it. One can leave it in the "fire" position all the time, and it probably won't get switched in normal handling. For folks who are nervous about negligent discharges--and I suspect that such folks are a targeted demographic for this pistol--the grip safety makes sense (at least to me).

I had a Smith & Wesson M&P M2.0 Sub-compact for a while--bought it in part because it had a thumb safety, and thought my spouse would like that feature. Turned out that neither of us liked the thing that much--she favors her Sig P365XL, and I prefer my CZ P10S (although I'm also finding that P10C to be kind of nice...). We both like the increased round count of the double-stack magazines, too (the Shield EZ has an 8-round single-stack mag, if you didn't know).

For what lots of firing ranges are charging for ammunition (forty- to fifty cents a round or more for 115gr FMJ), two boxes of ammo makes for a $50 "savings" on this pistol. What is it the kiddos say? Oh, yeah: "Yeah, okay, boomer!" It's not worth driving to the nearest Bud's Gun Shop to grab one of these (it's probably an hour and a quarter or hour and a half drive each way for me), when I can get one for a few bucks more at the Shoot Point Blank that's a fifteen minute drive from me with heavy traffic.
Eventually I'll figure out this signature thing and decide what I want to put here.