SCOTUS to take up Texas Abortion Ban in November

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court is allowing the Texas law that bans most abortions to remain in place, but has agreed to hear arguments in the case in early November.

The justices said Friday they will decide whether the federal government has the right to sue over the law. Answering that question will help determine whether the law should be blocked while legal challenges continue. The court is moving at an unusually fast pace that suggests it plans to make a decision quickly. Arguments are set for Nov. 1.

The court’s action leaves in place for the time being a law that clinics say has led to an 80% reduction in abortions in the nation’s second-largest state.
https://apnews.com/article/us-supreme-c ... 36da66145c

My analysis...
SCOTUS will uphold the ban. Not based on politics, but based on the fact that the majority of justices are strict constitutionalists, and feel abortion is fundamentally a legislative issue rather than a judicial one. So since there is nothing preventing the establishment of new standards, there is no constitutional grounds to overturn.
Let's hope I'm wrong.
“I think there’s a right-wing conspiracy to promote the idea of a left-wing conspiracy”

Re: SCOTUS to take up Texas Abortion Ban in November

They could overturn the Texas law and uphold the Mississippi case that they accepted to hear later in the term. The Texas law is fraught with unconstitutional provisions like leaving it up to anti-abortion groups to file civil suits. SCOTUS likes to settle the law and not create more lawsuits and upholding the Texas law would create more cases that would be asking them for cert. I'm not going to make any predictions.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Upholding the Texas law, or Mississippi for that matter, is an invitation to ignore established law and legal precedent by all parties. It would destroy the court.

Roberts knows it, and he's going to remind the Court that they cannot hope to overturn Roe until the GOP holds the Senate. Overturning Roe will mobilize the left like nothing else they've ever done, while giving the Trumpinistas every excuse to stay home. A few more votes in the Senate, and the Dems can nuke the filibuster, pack the courts, and wipe out everything Roberts and McConnell have worked for their entire lives.

Roberts will do everything in his power to convince Gorsuch and Kavanaugh to join him in an extremely limited decision that overturns Texas in its entirety based on points irrelevant to abortion, then find any other excuse to bounce Mississippi back down to lower courts for further consideration.

I highly doubt the conservative justices on SCOTUS will make a direct attack on Roe v Wade and overturn it, they'd pay a high price. They can allow restrictions on abortion that makes it more difficult for women to obtain a surgical abortion and even on medication induced abortions.

Anti-abortionists and anti-gunners have a lot in common.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

I was shocked that the SCOTUS didn't suspend the law solely on the basis of the bizarre and unConstitutional means of enforcement, regardless of the abortion issues.
Upholding vigilante justice as Constitutionally allowed seems to be something even Clarence Thomas, now the Shadow Chief Justice, would find disturbing.

Then again, maybe not, as he's a total reactionary whore.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."