New Nipples!

yeah, couldn't pass up that subject line. Anyhoo, I finally got around to putting Slixshot nipples on my Pietta 1860 and I'm delighted at how much more reliable my ignition is! The stock nipples just never allowed the caps to sit right, leading to several misfires per cylinder- even with a nice firm push from an antler tine, they never seated right until struck with the hammer a couple times. With the Slixshots, they seat nicely and I ran 6 shots with no misfires and no cap jams. Even the hammer strike feels better. It's got me all excited about my revolver again.
Just thought I'd share. Anyone else running these nips? (and there's a question I never thought I'd ask...)
-Crow
Minute Of Average

Re: New Nipples!

Yes, same here. Soak in hot soapy water, scrape out with a hard plastic automotive pick. A bit of thin pipe cleaner through the flash hole works too. But yeah, as Lurker said, I'm mainly excited about the way caps fit better... though the flash holes on the Slixshots are somewhat bigger and thus easier to clean. I suppose a picture is in order... later.
-Crow
Minute Of Average

Re: New Nipples!

Ok, let's see if I got these images working... let me know if you can see them. Also, Rust, I have the basic Cabelas set of BP revolver tools- not sure if you're referencing those but they work fine. Well, not the capper... but the wrench is good.
-Crow
Minute Of Average
Attachments
holstershrink2.jpeg
65456753116__EE9B0A48-AB4E-43C5-A383-A5E7B606C441.jpg