First PDW

The Artillery Luger was the first officially adopted of what I would call a PDW, its an interesting pistol. It was a very well thought out solution to the issue of arming support troops like Artillery units. It turned out to work so well that shock troops began employing them in trench raids. They were issued to shock troops along with 5 32 round snail drum magazines; that's a lot of firepower in WW1.

I don't have a snail drum for mine, hope to pick up a reproduction at some point, but those are pricey. But having some time to do some real shooting with this weapon I think it was excellent for its intended purpose.

As a pistol, its long and cumbersome. As a rifle its too short and under-powered. But, it will do both jobs.
As a pistol its easy to hit with, reliable, and has sufficient power. As a rifle it has barely enough power, but I was able to hit targets out to 400m without too much trouble. Enough that were I part of a squad of guys shooting at that distance, the enemy would want to take good cover.
“I think there’s a right-wing conspiracy to promote the idea of a left-wing conspiracy”

Re: First PDW

That's really nice. My uncle sent one of these back part by part through the mail during WWII, but no stock. I have a picture of my mom, his sister, shooting it when she was about 16. His family has it. This one is nice.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Re: First PDW

Took it out shooting this weekend...couldn't hit shit. First off, the rear sight is loose in the dovetail, I'll have to fix that; pretty easy fix...just need a big hammer.
But despite the wiggle in the dovetail, it shoots miles high. With the rear sight adjusted all the way down against the frame, it shoots a good 1 foot high at 200m.

So she needs a little attention. But she still functions flawlessly.
“I think there’s a right-wing conspiracy to promote the idea of a left-wing conspiracy”