Sold my Rem R51G2

Just sold my Remington R51G2 9mm along with 6 magazines, leather belt holster, zippered gun rug and range case with original paperwork and Rem box $300 - hell of a deal for buyer. Hated to sell, but he chose it over my S&W MP40C. I did enjoy that R51, except when field tear down and reassembly - it's a bear!!. Down to 38 firearms now. LOL
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

Re: Sold my Rem R51G2

Here I am with a paltry 24… I’ve shot most of them over the past year with the exceptions of my .22s (can’t reload) and my 9mm carbine since I don’t reload that caliber and my .380 (only have a couple mags left & I don’t reload it). Generally I try to get set up to load all the calibers I own. the only one I haven’t shot in years is my 870express 12rifled barrel…truly beyond unpleasant to shoot with sabot slugs & I don’t hunt with it anymore. I shoot a ton of .38/.357, .45acp, .45 colt, 5.56 & 12/20 ga.

I’m going to get set up to load .380 & 9mm next…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is a bear - only pistol I didn't field strip and clean after range use unless I planned to use as EDC. Other than that, it was a solid, well made 9mm, aesthetically appealing, all metal, hammer fired pistol. I'd not hesitate to buy another if I wasn't trying to thin the herd.
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

Wino wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:03 am It is a bear - only pistol I didn't field strip and clean after range use unless I planned to use as EDC. Other than that, it was a solid, well made 9mm, aesthetically appealing, all metal, hammer fired pistol. I'd not hesitate to buy another if I wasn't trying to thin the herd.

IIRC our resident Klown purchased a set with sequential serial numbers. Don't remember if he gave us a range report.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

The only "problem" I encountered was it didn't like being carried Condition 1, round chambered and mag reloaded to full - it would jam up on firing (fail to eject) - worked perfect if full mag and no chambered round. Had I fired more often, I expect that would have smoothed out. One reason not used as preferred EDC.

Wino wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:14 am The only "problem" I encountered was it didn't like being carried Condition 1, round chambered and mag reloaded to full - it would jam up on firing (fail to eject) - worked perfect if full mag and no chambered round. Had I fired more often, I expect that would have smoothed out. One reason not used as preferred EDC.
Did ya try one less round in the mag?
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”

tonguengroover wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:32 am
Wino wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:14 am The only "problem" I encountered was it didn't like being carried Condition 1, round chambered and mag reloaded to full - it would jam up on firing (fail to eject) - worked perfect if full mag and no chambered round. Had I fired more often, I expect that would have smoothed out. One reason not used as preferred EDC.
Did ya try one less round in the mag?
Worked fine if loading from full mag and no chambered round - which is one less round in mag once slide jacked.