She actually shot one

My daughter was complaining about a few mice. So, she asked me for an airsoft gun, After all, if you are going to be annoyed, you might as well make it fun.

She actually shot one tonight. Amazingly enough, it did the mouse some serious damage. I ended up putting it in an Amazon box and tossing it into the dumpster. I do have to get after her about not putting the safety back on.

I was a bit impressed, mice are hard to hit. And yes, I will put some poison in the basement tomorrow.
"Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.” Matt. 25:40

Re: She actually shot one

lurker wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:52 am well naturally. it's those 1911 ergonomics.
Yo ho! Hehe.

I think a double tap may have been in order--from a humane standpoint. I mean, those muscles aren't going to make memories by themselves.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

highdesert wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:09 am Good for her. Is she interested in shooting a 22 ?
She likes my 22lr AR. When we go shooting that one and my Browning 1911-380, with the 22lr top end kit, are the main ones she shoots. However, neither is particularly appropriate inside the house.

At least now I can definitively confirm just what a "mouse gun" is.
"Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.” Matt. 25:40

Hasaf wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:41 am
highdesert wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:09 am Good for her. Is she interested in shooting a 22 ?
She likes my 22lr AR. When we go shooting that one and my Browning 1911-380, with the 22lr top end kit, are the main ones she shoots. However, neither is particularly appropriate inside the house.

At least now I can definitively confirm just what a "mouse gun" is.

Yes, the airsoft is definitely more appropriate inside. Glad she has an interest, that's the only way we'll keep gun ownership alive.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan