Half of Republicans willing to use force to preserve "traditional America".

The poll also found that a majority of Republicans (55%) say "the traditional American way of life is disappearing so fast we may have to use force to save it." About 15% of Democrats agreed with this statement, but more Americans disagreed (46%) than agreed (34%).
https://www.yahoo.com/news/nearly-half- ... 07307.html

More and more American's becoming radicalized by US media. Our enemies have to be loving this.
“I think there’s a right-wing conspiracy to promote the idea of a left-wing conspiracy”

Re: Half of Republicans willing to use force to preserve "traditional America".

lurker wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:13 pm putin and xi smile any time we fight among ourselves.
Yes. Keep your eye on the ball. This is what it's all about. Tr*mp isn't smart enough to wreak this kind of havoc. This was an expert job.

Tr*mp's only success was as a gameshow host. Apparently people loved that shit. Real estate genious? You know the saying, "How do you make a small fortune in real estate?" "Start with a large fortune!" (Thanks dad!)

This isn't a guy who could rip up America...by himself anyway. I don't think he's even smart enough to be privy to his assigned role.

I don't think he was a spy. Just a tool. Him and his basket of deplorables were ripe for riling up. Like I said, I don't even think he knew his role. Might just be that Tr*mp started the initial fire, but Putin new how to stoke it. That's sort of where my money is.

And yeah, I've been using the word deplorable again. She never should have said it, but after 01/06, what else you gonna do?

It was a YouGov poll for GWU.

This is where Republicans and Democrats stand on issues, for some there could be room for compromise. Some of the questions are too open ended, people could have been confused and gave a wrong answer.
https://smpa.gwu.edu/sites/g/files/zaxd ... ve%204.pdf
21% of Republicans and 83% of Democrats say that changing the nation's gun laws is very or somewhat important.
Changing means different things to different people.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

But, that half of the Repugs are also anti-vaccines and anti-mask. They might be lucky to have half of them to be around to vote in the next General Election. The rest will have their Come to Jesus Moment.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

In 2001, the U.S. Population was over 311 million. Of that, 19 individuals changed the way we and the rest of the world do everything.

An evolutionary artifact which cannot be seen under a conventional optical microscope has changed, temporally I hope, how we behave in every day life.

Tradition is just how you do what you do right now.
Getting old, or is it just me?

cooper wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:12 pm
lurker wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:13 pm putin and xi smile any time we fight among ourselves.
Yes. Keep your eye on the ball. This is what it's all about. Tr*mp isn't smart enough to wreak this kind of havoc. This was an expert job.

Tr*mp's only success was as a gameshow host. Apparently people loved that shit. Real estate genious? You know the saying, "How do you make a small fortune in real estate?" "Start with a large fortune!" (Thanks dad!)

This isn't a guy who could rip up America...by himself anyway. I don't think he's even smart enough to be privy to his assigned role.
I have a solution..it involves a slab in a hospital basement and a toe tag...

Republicans began their slow slide to fascism with McCarthy, the Junior Senator from Wisconsin, "Tail-Gunner Joe".
But it was slow. Nixon's appeal to the angry White Southern racists who were furious with their Southern Democratic President, LBJ, who signed the CRA and VRA, and appointed Thurgood Marshall to the SCOTUS, and left the Party in droves for the Republicans, following the early turncoats like Strom Thurmond and Jesse Helms.

But the first REAL major shift to fascism came, not under Reagan, but with the rise of Gingrich, a fascist to this very day.
This made possible the Dubya regime to bring us far closer, with major players in his admin openly fascist and war-like. They had the unconstitutional "Patriot Act" written and ready to go BEFORE 9-11, just waiting for the right moment.

Then, of course, there was the Kochs, racists and fascist for generations, funding the fake "tea party" fascist movement, in response to the overwhelming election of President Obama.

And it just kept getting worse, laying the groundwork for the most dangerous man ever to be nominated by a major party, and to be elected. Not even the near-psychopathic Jackson was a dangerous to Democracy--as Jackson actually BELIEVED in it, unlike the would-be Cheetolini, who believes in nothing but his own ego, pleasure, and "getting bacK" at everyone who doesn't worship him.

But the American fascist racist movement is far from over and may STILL be picking up steam egged on by opportunists like DeSantis, Abbott, Kemp, Jordan, and the other McCarthy, well-described by Pelosi soto voce as "such a moron".
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

The thing to keep in mind, they don't care about the issues. They're at war with democrats and democracy...it's not the issues, and it's not about how well we govern. Their platform is resistance, even if what they're resisting is good for America. They want to beat the democrats FAR more than they want to do the right thing. You can't debate it, you can't rationalize with them, you just have to beat them.
“I think there’s a right-wing conspiracy to promote the idea of a left-wing conspiracy”

I think what they meant by "the traditional American way of life" is the white racist majority is losing it's grip on America. It's not the lack of barn dances.

They can try and use force but that is a pipe dream. There will be people like me helping to stop it and not by sitting behind a computer.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”