Re: Ruger New Product

Kinda quick to get all that Marlin equipment up and running eh? It would be nice though. They would blow off the shelves. Shotgun market is saturated so maybe not.
I hope its not another plastic gun.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”

I wrote them a while back about my desire to see a bolt action 5.7x28 rifle.

But, just to guess, that probably isn't the announcement.
"Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.” Matt. 25:40

Has everybody signed up for the giveaway for the new gun? Better hurry. The contest will end on June 27 at 11:59 PM on June 27. The ten winners will be announced quickly and must ID an FFL to receive the firearm. It must be picked up by July 3 and a photo of the recipient with the prize must be received by Ruger no later than July 3.

Ut virum optimum win
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”

I know someone who works at the factory. It is a high quality (think GP-100) revolver carbine, 16 inch barrel, with a 10 shot cylinder in 327 Federal Magnum. It is designed for states with bans on semi auto rifles. Iron or fiber optic sight, and rails for scope.
Last edited by Hiker on Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

Did I forget to say "Once upon a time," at the beginning of my previous post???
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

Doubt it's a pistol. They just released yet another micro-compact in 9mm.
Doubt it's a revolver. The only ones they sell at that price point are LCRs. Do you think they could cram a .44 Special into that cylinder? They did just release a couple new GP100s, but good luck finding one.
Doubt it's a lever gun, for the reasons above. Although I can't wait to see what they do with those. I expect 'em to keep Marlin as a separate brand for the classic variety.
Leaves shotguns and midrange rifles.

I'm going to guess something in the PCC range, probably a fun caliber like .45 ACP or 5.7x28.

On edit - oooh, that's a fun guess, Hiker! Fingers crossed!

Hiker wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:14 pm I know someone who works at the factory. It is a high quality (think GP-100) revolver carbine, 16 inch barrel, with a 10 shot cylinder in 327 Federal Magnum. It is designed for states with bans on semi auto rifles. Iron or fiber optic sight, and rails for scope.
If they make it in "better" calibers I'd be interested...

As I mentioned on another forum, I hoped to see a 5.7x28 bolt-action carbine. . .

But yes, another "safety-trigger" pistol. I didn't like them when they first appeared on the market and I still don't like them.
"Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.” Matt. 25:40