Trump denies report he demanded DOJ investigate Saturday Night Live, but insists the show's attacks on him were 'illegal

On Tuesday, following a Daily Beast report that former President Donald Trump pushed the Justice Department to investigate the show "Saturday Night Live" for making fun of him, the former president released a statement angrily denying he did any such thing — but maintaining that SNL's satire of his behavior could somehow be illegal.

Satire is legal under the First Amendment and unlike things on Fox News, for example, SNL doesn't paint itself as "news."

"The story that I asked the Department of Justice to go after ratings-challenged (without Trump!) Saturday Night Live, and other late-night Losers, is total Fake News," wrote Trump. "It was fabricated, there were no sources, and yet the Lamestream Media goes with it."

However, he continued, "I do believe that the 100% one-sided shows should be considered an illegal campaign contribution from the Democrat [sic] Party, hard to believe I got 75 million votes (the most of any sitting President) despite all of that, together with a very Fraudulent Election." Decades of court precedent makes clear that satire is protected political speech.

Trump also gave a wink to the QAnon conspiracy theories that he could be "reinstated," saying that he expects to be back in office "2024 or before!"
https://www.rawstory.com/donald-trump-snl-anger/

You will not make fun of the great leader. :sarcasm:
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Re: Trump denies report he demanded DOJ investigate Saturday Night Live, but insists the show's attacks on him were 'ill

Every entitled person who does this kind of whining should be made to work one year either of retail or food service. Being and feeling entitled ruins everything for everyone else. A year of peeling onions or pricing Teflon spoons will take the starch out of their collars, I tell you what. >ptui<

You can't just believe. You have to prove it. The last guy proved only to being entitled. He should be made to clean rest stop bathrooms.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Re: Trump denies report he demanded DOJ investigate Saturday Night Live, but insists the show's attacks on him were 'ill

NegativeApproach wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:28 am Can we please stop giving that dumpster fire (DJT) oxygen? Stop posting anything about him. He's gone and he's not going to be coming back. He'll hopefully be in jail soon.
Yeah, that's gonna happen.
If that man ever sees the inside of a jail, I'll eat my hat.
“I think there’s a right-wing conspiracy to promote the idea of a left-wing conspiracy”

FrontSight wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:10 pm
NegativeApproach wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:28 am Can we please stop giving that dumpster fire (DJT) oxygen? Stop posting anything about him. He's gone and he's not going to be coming back. He'll hopefully be in jail soon.
Yeah, that's gonna happen.
If that man ever sees the inside of a jail, I'll eat my hat.
I recognize that the system doesn't like to jail rich white men. But he's absolutely committed multiple felonies and spoken about them in a self-incriminating manner.

The wheels of justice are slow... we'll see if they grind the right wheat.

NegativeApproach wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:56 pm I recognize that the system doesn't like to jail rich white men. But he's absolutely committed multiple felonies and spoken about them in a self-incriminating manner.

The wheels of justice are slow... we'll see if they grind the right wheat.
No doubt about it... The problem comes when you have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt in court. If his actual ass in on the line, he will reach into his pocket and actually pay for a competent lawyer. And good lawyers... Well, they're really good at what they do. Remember OJ?

We have no idea the ACTUAL evidence the investigators have, but if they really had a smoking gun; I think he would have been indicted by now. I also have an innate distrust of prosecutors; they cut a LOT of corners that come back to bite them in the ass. Remember OJ?
“I think there’s a right-wing conspiracy to promote the idea of a left-wing conspiracy”

CDFingers wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:32 am Every entitled person who does this kind of whining should be made to work one year either of retail or food service. Being and feeling entitled ruins everything for everyone else. A year of peeling onions or pricing Teflon spoons will take the starch out of their collars, I tell you what. >ptui<

You can't just believe. You have to prove it. The last guy proved only to being entitled. He should be made to clean rest stop bathrooms.

CDFingers
Since the Orange shit stain is here in NJ, let him pump gas this summer and next winter. Hot, dirty, smelly job. I did it for a summer in 1973. Helped with oil and tire changes as well. Best thing that came out of it: I was able to fix the suspension in my mom's '67 Lemans rag-top with a $2 part. (I LOVED driving that car--had a '69 GTO engine in it!)
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

Whenever he gets caught saying or doing hideous shit, he ALWAYS denies it!
Like he tried to say that "grab 'em by the pussy!" was faked and not him, when of course the cheating, assaulting, humiliating, raping misogynist said exactly that.
Like Oozy Rudy saying "the truth isn't the truth!"
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

I don't want to give any of 'em oxygen, but daylight? Yeah. We need to see the cockroaches if we're going to do anything about 'em. You can't take your eyes off the goddamn Nazis, or they crawl into the woodwork and then there's a gas metaphor in really poor taste, so we'll just nuke the site from orbit.

Donny is a parody of fascism, sure. The problem with today's parody, is that it becomes tomorrow's headline. Remember Wag the Dog?

F4FEver wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:18 am
geno wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:06 pm Where the fuck is the angel of death when he's really needed?
No kidding, trump, the morbidly obese traitor, would look best in a hospital basement with a toe tag..
Trump was in real danger of dying and on a 'dizzying' array of meds to keep him alive after catching COVID

An explosive new excerpt from a book about former President Donald Trump's handling of the novel coronavirus pandemic claims that he was far more ill than the White House let on, and was put on a "dizzying" array of medications to keep him alive.

The new book, titled "Nightmare Scenario: Inside the Trump Administration's Response to the Pandemic That Changed History," was written by Washington Post reporters Yasmeen Abutaleb and Damian Paletta, and is due to be released on June 29th.

In an excerpt of the book published in the Washington Post Thursday, it is revealed that Trump's blood oxygen level after catching COVID-19 last year fell below 90 percent, which is the point at which the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends immediately starting oxygen therapy.

In addition to starting oxygen therapy, Abutaleb and Paletta write that "Trump's doctors threw everything they could at the virus all at once," including monoclonal antibodies, antiviral drug remdesivir, and the steroid dexamethasone, which the reporters note "is usually administered if someone is extremely ill."

The bottom line, Abutaleb and Paletta report, is that "the president was on a dizzying array of emergency medicines by now — all at once."
https://www.rawstory.com/trump-hospital-treatment/

They should have told him the meds would make him a liberal transgender black Democrat.
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

lurker wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:13 pm there was a missed opportunity. should have given him a lobotomy when they had the chance. likely no one would have noticed
But you have to have the frontal lobes to have a lobotomy.