Re: What kind of rifle ammo is still somewhat available?

BastiColler, I would not recommend buying a rifle in an odd caliber just because it is available. While I have been able to find both 224 Valkyrie and 6.5x55 Swedish, they will run out soon. And ammo companies will not be replacing them any time soon. They will most likely try to replenish the best sellers. Just curious, is this your first rifle and are you new to shooting?

I would like to invite you to go to the 'New Member Intro' section and tell us a little about yourself.
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

lurker wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:44 pm the ammo drought is waning, now is not the time to panic. i'm seeing .223 and .308 at not-too-bad prices online, and it will improve. after things settle down a bit, consider learning to reload something common that you can get components for.
Agree..saw .308 and 22LR at walmart. LOTS of 223 at Cabelas and Bass Pro. Also 7.62/39..Some still hoarding..not sure why anybody needs 10,000 rounds of 223/556...sky didn't fall. 'Might' be some GOPathetic/trump the traitor crap in August..so who knows.

F4FEver wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:35 am some GOPathetic/trump the traitor crap in August..so who knows.
slow learners need the drama to stay interested, and their "leaders" need the drama to stay "relevant". that's not relevant, that's being attention-whores. not that there's anything wrong with whores, but attention-whores, just :no:

but no, just because nobody else wants to buy that lonely box of 30-40 krag that's been sitting on the back shelf all year is not a good reason for you to go out and buy a krag-jorgenson. there are other perfectly good reasons, but that's not one of them.
never submit! (click "submit" button now.)