New (to me) Kahr P9

Been eyeing one of these for a while. Hadn't been on GunBroker in a while, and of course the first thing I see when I login... A Kahr P9.

Seller claims it is new in box and has never been fired. Gun, three magazines and talon grips included in the sale. Threw a couple bids at it. Of course I was the high bidder and my new pistola is on its way from PA.

I'll report back once I clean it and make it to the range. Should be good company for the CW380 I carry on most days in the MN summers. Did consign my Walther CCP and the P238 last month, so I do not feel too bad about buying another single stack 9.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/901561494

Re: New (to me) Kahr P9

Congrats! The P9 was my first semi-auto for concealed carry. Kahr makes some great pistols. I decided mine was too small, so I traded it for a TP9. Same as the P9 but with one more round and an inch longer barrel. I've carried it for 8 or 9 years now.
If you have any problems with it, check the magazines first. Some of the older mags could be problematic.
Loading a Kahr may also be a little different. The owners manual says to insert a full magazine, and pull the slide back AND LOCK it back. Then use the slide release to insert a round.
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

The only downside to the Kahr pistols is the company ownership... The Moon's own Kahr arms, and your money goes to the nutballs of the Unification Church (known in the US as the AR15 church).
“I think there’s a right-wing conspiracy to promote the idea of a left-wing conspiracy”

They may be nuts, but they are not trying to destroy the 2nd Amendment. And is there any company that the money doesn't go to some kind of nut???
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

I don’t have a Kahr (but did look hard at a PM9 several years back) and so really have no skin in this game. But if you’re going to go after them for giving money to the Moon’s, you’d have to go after Thompson and Magnum Research as well, because I believe they are all part of the same umbrella organization.

I hate to think of how many firearms and firearm related companies give money or otherwise support White Christian nationalists, insurrectionists, candidates like MTG and Boebert, etc.

I know I MUST have purchased from many of them over the years. In my defense I can say I didn’t know. And in many cases that’s true, they don’t advertise their politics. But not all. And I t’s not hard to figure out where most stand.

I don't typically buy new guns... I can't tell you who they give their money to. But I do know about the Moon's...they are WAY out there... Well beyond MTG, Bobert, Trump and the like.

The Unitarian Church is going to end like the Branch Davidians; mark my words. They are fucking crazy.
“I think there’s a right-wing conspiracy to promote the idea of a left-wing conspiracy”

Unitarians, Unification Church - is there a difference?

All I can think is the scene from the Muppet Movie when Kermit and Fozzie walk into a church and discover The Electric Mayhem rocking out full tilt - Fozzie turns to Kermit and says "they don't look like Presbyterians to me!"

I try to be moderately scrupulous with how I spend money, but it's totally okay to recognize that there's a gradient between paying utilities that lobby against climate regulation versus, say, donating your life savings to baby-eating Satanists for Trump. Buying secondhand, as here, puts a lot of moral distance between purchaser and manufacturer.

Politics and religion aside: back to the thread. Received gun and it was as stated. Not fired and good shape. Made two trips to the range.

First trip saw 45 rounds of assorted FMJ and JHP. No problems at all. Made it back today with another 57 rounds of ammo. Federal FMJ. No hiccups. Gun was taken apart and lubed before the first trip - but was not cleaned.

Giving it a good cleaning now and then time to find a nice holster. This pistol is compact and the perfect size for CCW.

Most shooting at 15-20 feet away. First shots as you can see.

A good companion to my 380.
Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Made another outing to the range. Pistol was not cleaned in any way and I slung about 50 rounds of Federal FMJ down range.

No problem at all. Most shooting at 25-30 feet. Some rapid fire stuff too.

Cleaned the pistol and ordered up a Sticky Holsters MD-4. Might add a kydex or an OWB down the road for winter.

My Kahr TP9 likes to be clean. If I go a hundred or so rounds without cleaning, it let's my know. Yeah, that '100' rounds varies greatly, may even go as high as 300, but basically---clean your gun.

Thought you might enjoy this chart:
KahrLubePoints.jpg
Last edited by Hiker on Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Attachments
gun KahrLubePoints.jpg

Hiker wrote:My Kahr TP9 likes to be clean. If I go a hundred or so rounds without cleaning, it let's my know. Yeah, that '100' rounds varies greatly, may even go as high as 300, but basically---clean your gun.

Thought you might enjoy this chart:
gun KahrLubePoints.jpg
Have this image saved on my PC.

The 380 gets cleaned every month regardless of how many times it has been fired. Lint is its foe.