1/6/2021 Ripples

The WaPo is reporting that the woman shot by the cop, the one climbing through the window to the inner sanctum, as it were, won't be charged. The radical right may take this poorly.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/pu ... story.html

While my personal opinion is that one shouldn't expect to storm the Capital without some skin in the game and it was a good shot, given the circumstance, many will be angered by this. Between this, the Floyd trial and the other recent cops killing black men, I expect 2020 is not done with us yet and fully intends to ripple well into 2021. Heating up for summer already.

Re: 1/6/2021 Ripples

I'm sure any controversy would disappear were the bad guy to have have been a 22 year old black male. But a white girl Veteran, well, let's just make believe that breaking windows and climbing in to threaten the Vice President's life is just tickety-boo.

Breaking news: it ain't tickety-boo. She should not have put herself in front of that bullet. But she did. She dead. So it goes.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

I didn't expect him to be charged, he was protecting lawmakers and staff.
Representative Markwayne Mullin [Republican] of Oklahoma said he witnessed the USCP officer shoot Babbitt as angry Trump supporters stormed the Capitol building. "They were trying to come through the front door, which is where I was at in the chamber, and in the back they were trying to come through the speaker's lobby, and that's problematic when you're trying to defend two fronts," Mullin told host George Stephanopoulos in a Thursday interview on ABC News' Good Morning America.

"When they broke the glass in the back, the [police] lieutenant that was there, him and I already had multiple conversations prior to this, and he didn't have a choice at the time," Mullin added. "The mob was going to come through the door, there was a lot of members and staff that were in danger at the time."
https://www.newsweek.com/capitol-police ... ve-1559778

Babbitt was attempting to break into a secure area, hyped on adrenaline she ignored people on her side yelling "gun".

The lieutenant's name will be all over the internet, I doubt he can go back to the Capitol Police. Maybe for another federal police agency.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

I watched a news segment that pieced together movements that day. There was a point where the protestors almost intersected the VP and his secret service protection. Thank God they didn't because that would have been a blood bath. I think the insurrectionists should be glad the capital police showed restraint. Violently storming the seat of power of a nation--one could have expected it to go much worse for the insurrectionists.

And to be clear, I regret that she lost her life. I really do. But sometimes drinking the kool-aid has worse repercussions than one would hope.

I regret more that the police officer (and colleagues) was put in that position.

featureless wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:29 pm Oh, I definitely think it's a "play stupid games, win stupid prizes" moment for her. But a lot of the right is furious that she was shot while BLM protestors were not. To a rational mind, it's a very different scenario.
I believe we can say to them, "Show the BLM people breaking that window to threaten the Vice President's life."

tl;dr: fuck them.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

featureless wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:29 pm Oh, I definitely think it's a "play stupid games, win stupid prizes" moment for her. But a lot of the right is furious that she was shot while BLM protestors were not. To a rational mind, it's a very different scenario.
Agree woth this and your original post.

CDFingers wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:36 pm
I believe we can say to them, "Show the BLM people breaking that window to threaten the Vice President's life."

tl;dr: fuck them.

CDFingers
Yup, that's it in a nutshell.

She was a traitor amongst traitors. EVERY military person takes an oath, and everyone of them invading the Capitol is a DOUBLE traitor, including Babbitt. Of ALL the cop shootings we've seen over the last few years, where blatant bad shootings (think Kinosha) is pretended to be "OK", this is the ONE righteous shooting we have seen. She got what violent invaders deserve.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

CDFingers wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:36 pm tl;dr: fuck them.
Good summary.

See, I want to understand the schism in thought process. I don't like to think of my fellow citizens as an enemy, but these fuckers fall into a category that I see as an incredible threat to things I hold dear. One must understand to have a better idea of what happens next.

An what YT said. Fucking traitors are those in the services that participated in this. But they think they are patriots saving the country. How are we at such polar opposite views? And it isn't just the Q tips.

there are people who would murder some of us if they could, and not just one or two of them. if they force me to choose which of us dies, you can be pretty sure what answer i'll give. this is not an academic exercize. F them.
i'm retired. what's your excuse?