more shortages!!

just spent 3 hours looking for friskies indoor cat food for the sensitive beasts and came away empty. apparently there's a cat food shortage, not just friskies. on the plus side, wal-mart has savage rifles in .22, 243, 6.5 and .308, but no ammo.
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

Re: more shortages!!

lurker wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:18 pm just spent 3 hours looking for friskies indoor cat food for the sensitive beasts and came away empty. apparently there's a cat food shortage, not just friskies. on the plus side, wal-mart has savage rifles in .22, 243, 6.5 and .308, but no ammo.
Have you checked with Chewy.com for delivery?
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

lurker wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:18 pm just spent 3 hours looking for friskies indoor cat food for the sensitive beasts and came away empty. apparently there's a cat food shortage, not just friskies. on the plus side, wal-mart has savage rifles in .22, 243, 6.5 and .308, but no ammo.
Were you looking on-line or at brick and mortar? I was buying dog food last Tuesday and there were no empty spots on the shelves ( that I noticed) at the farm store I go to.
"it's a goddamn impossible way of life"
"And so it goes"

My indoor cats won't eat the indoor food, but the outside bunch gobble it up. Where is Nutrisystems for cats?
Getting old, or is it just me?
Attachments
IMG_0062 (2).jpg

Yep. Shortages on some foods for at least a month now. Even chewies didn’t have some specific ones. It’s been a bit of a bother with a few items trying to figure out substitutes.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

lurker wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:52 pm brick and mortar. i am not going to commit e-commerce for cat food.
granted, cats throw up because they like to, but changing their food just accelerates the process.
funny-dog-cartoons.gif
funny-dog-cartoons.gif (25.83 KiB) Viewed 8298 times
To be vintage it must be older than me!
The next gun I buy will be the next to last gun I ever buy. PROMISE!
jim

lurker wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:52 pm brick and mortar. i am not going to commit e-commerce for cat food.
granted, cats throw up because they like to, but changing their food just accelerates the process.
They are pretty good barf experts. LoL.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Jake hasn't had his canned Alpo in months - none in any stores I've found - grocery, Wally, Sam's - Costco never carried. Haven't tried any of the pet stores. Disappeared from shelves about 6-8 months ago. Good thing he isn't a picky eater and accepts whatever substitutes I find to mix in with his Purina One.
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

sikacz wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:01 pm
When it's hairballs, that's one thing. But one of ours is also throwing up food fairly regularly. He's about 11 or 12 now, and while still a total scamp and El Destructo, his face is looking a little old, and we don't think he's feeling too well. He and the dog go to the Vet tomorrow...the dog went yesterday for an ear infection--tomorrow is just routine, but the cat to be seen about getting sick and possibly a growth on his throat.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

YankeeTarheel wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:11 am
sikacz wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:01 pm
When it's hairballs, that's one thing. But one of ours is also throwing up food fairly regularly. He's about 11 or 12 now, and while still a total scamp and El Destructo, his face is looking a little old, and we don't think he's feeling too well. He and the dog go to the Vet tomorrow...the dog went yesterday for an ear infection--tomorrow is just routine, but the cat to be seen about getting sick and possibly a growth on his throat.
It could be a sign of kidney failure. One of ours did that and it turns out she has end stage kidney failure. We administer fluids with a vitamin mix under her skin with a fluid drip every day. Test the cat by lifting the skin, it needs to drop down relatively quickly. I’d take him to a vet to confirm. Administering the fluids is pretty easy, our vet trained us to do it. Some days we skip the drip, but if we go more than a day between she will throw up. So generally we try for every day. Sorry to hear your kitty has issues ours is 18 years old and she started getting the regular fluid around January. Before that we brought her to the vet once or twice a month.

Also could be thyroid or pancreatitis..have him checked.