Re: Creedmoor Ammunition

I have shot a lot of their .30-'06, loaded by them with Lapua 167gr bullets in Lapua brass. I have shot a little of their .308, also loaded with the same 167gr bullets. The .30-'06 has always shot exceedingly well, with some minor lot-to-lot variation in POI. I have only shot one lot of the .308, and it was as good as my handholds (168gr Sierra/41.5gr 4895/LC case) in an accurized M1A.

The ammo is expensive, but the Lapua bullets and cases are really expensive, but really accurate. I use the .30-'06 ammo in Civilian Marksmanship Program 200 yard matches at Camp Perry in Garands and 1903s, and it groups exceedingly well at that distance. The .308 I shot at 300 yards. I have not shot it at longer distances, but would have confidence in it out to 600 yards. I could probably work up a 125gr handload for both .30-'06 and .308 which would shoot about as well at 200 yards, and with less recoil, but the convenience of factory ammo is nice.

I did run low on .30-'06 ammo one year at Camp Perry, and had to finish a Springfield match with a different lot than I started with . Thank God for Sighters. The second lot had a Point of Impact that was about 6 inches lower at 200 yards. Buy enough of one batch to do all of what you're going to do.

Re: Creedmoor Ammunition

NuJudge wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:27 am I have shot a lot of their .30-'06, loaded by them with Lapua 167gr bullets in Lapua brass. I have shot a little of their .308, also loaded with the same 167gr bullets. The .30-'06 has always shot exceedingly well, with some minor lot-to-lot variation in POI. I have only shot one lot of the .308, and it was as good as my handholds (168gr Sierra/41.5gr 4895/LC case) in an accurized M1A.

The ammo is expensive, but the Lapua bullets and cases are really expensive, but really accurate. I use the .30-'06 ammo in Civilian Marksmanship Program 200 yard matches at Camp Perry in Garands and 1903s, and it groups exceedingly well at that distance. The .308 I shot at 300 yards. I have not shot it at longer distances, but would have confidence in it out to 600 yards. I could probably work up a 125gr handload for both .30-'06 and .308 which would shoot about as well at 200 yards, and with less recoil, but the convenience of factory ammo is nice.

I did run low on .30-'06 ammo one year at Camp Perry, and had to finish a Springfield match with a different lot than I started with . Thank God for Sighters. The second lot had a Point of Impact that was about 6 inches lower at 200 yards. Buy enough of one batch to do all of what you're going to do.
Thank you @NuJudge, great information. I've ordered some to try, as well as other brands and weights to see what works best in my system. These certainly have some good reviews, including yours.