Re: The 1911 CZ argument has been resolved.

featureless wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:56 pm
Bucolic wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:04 pm A Dan Wesson 1911 is still at the top of my wish list.
You should get one so you can tell me it's not a notable improvement over a 75 with the CGW magic. That way my life can feel complete, my grail attained.
:roflmao: :roflmao:

On the CZ 75/85 family the CZ 85 Combat is by far the best choice out of the box. It’s a shame it’s no longer made and you’d have to find a used. I though my 75 was great, but once I got my 85 Combat I have not shot the 75 in 9mm, instead I have it configured as a .22LR. LoL.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

onebohemian wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:17 pm Don’t quote me, but I believe the CZ 40b is based off of the a Colt Commander. Original design may have even been done by Colt in relation to some joint project that eventually failed. But again, don’t quote me—I have a vague recollection of this based on research years ago when I picked up my 40b.
I’ve read it was a joint development project between CZ and Colt. No actual link for proof, sort of second hand info. Have not looked further. Makes sense though.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

sikacz wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:21 pm
Bucolic wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:04 pm A Dan Wesson 1911 is still at the top of my wish list.
You should get one so you can tell me it's not a notable improvement over a 75 with the CGW magic. That way my life can feel complete, my grail attained.

On the CZ 75/85 family the CZ 85 Combat is by far the best choice out of the box. It’s a shame it’s no longer made and you’d have to find a used. I though my 75 was great, but once I got my 85 Combat I have not shot the 75 in 9mm, instead I have it configured as a .22LR. LoL.
Well, with our limited roster options, my SP01 (with self installed CGW goddies) will have to suffice (and I don't need a 1911, it's ok, credit card, I really don't). :) Now I just need to be able to shoot it to make sure it still works!

I also have a PCR at CGW that I'll write something about if it ever comes back--it'll be sure to piss off the CZ purists, even those sick of them.

featureless wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:27 pm
sikacz wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:21 pm

Well, with our limited roster options, my SP01 (with self installed CGW goddies) will have to suffice (and I don't need a 1911, it's ok, credit card, I really don't). :) Now I just need to be able to shoot it to make sure it still works!

I also have a PCR at CGW that I'll write something about if it ever comes back--it'll be sure to piss off the CZ purists, even those sick of them.
Oh, I don’t know, if it’s a PRC who cares what you do with it! (Hides)

Look forward to your report when you get it!

sikacz wrote:
sig230 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:22 am Fillings in Europe show CZ is thinking about acquiring Colt.
They already own Dan Wesson if I remember correctly. The Dan Wesson 1911 is a nice looking gun too. Colt would fit right in. LoL.
I loved my shiny Dan Wesson .357 revolver but it hurt too much to shoot- arthritis in my hand. I tried a couple grips but nothing worked and I had a lot of capital tied up in it. It was a beautiful machine and I hated to sell it.