20/21 Polar Vortex: US & EU

A Polar Vortex collapse sequence has begun in late December 2020, with a major Sudden Stratospheric Warming event on January 5th, 2021. We will look at the sequence of these events, and how they can change the weather in Europe and the United States in the coming weeks.

The main “player” in these weather events, is of course the Polar Vortex. It connects the bottom of the atmosphere (our weather) with the stratosphere above it. A strong exchange of energy between these two layers can heavily disrupt the weather development across the Northern Hemisphere.
https://www.severe-weather.eu/global-we ... s-2021-fa/

Wrap pipes.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Re: 20/21 Polar Vortex: US & EU

I agree that watching chaotic systems can be pretty visually on-eleven. It takes getting used to. I was making turmeric-ginger-cinnamon tea the other morning. As I was simmering these spices in the pot, I could see the same eddies there as I could see in the Vortex vids. On the surface of Jupiter, too.

Do not snort nutmeg first thing in the morning.

CDFingers

CDFingers wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:34 am I agree that watching chaotic systems can be pretty visually on-eleven. It takes getting used to. I was making turmeric-ginger-cinnamon tea the other morning. As I was simmering these spices in the pot, I could see the same eddies there as I could see in the Vortex vids. On the surface of Jupiter, too.

Do not snort nutmeg first thing in the morning.

CDFingers
:laugh:

Pretty good La Nina snowfalls here in WA, I believe. I'm hoping to take the Spawn for a day of skiing before it goes back to college at the end of the month.
IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.

Here it is mid January, supposedly our cold time, and we've had only one frost, and that was last month. One friggin' night. We haven't even hauled out the big quilt. Our experience matches what is seen in the psychedelic vortex vids.

CDFingers