Re: It's over!

No. I’m not gonna rest until Biden is sworn in and the outgoing president is actually out. Stephen Miller is sending alternate GOP electors to Congress hoping they would be recognized instead, or at the very least create a situation where the House picks the president by state delegation, effectively nullifying the popular vote.
Glad that federal government is boring again.

Trump is making a LOT of money from his defiance...As long as that money is pouring in, he will continue to be a dick about the election. You know, like he is about literally everything else. Can't blame a snake for acting like a snake.
“I think there’s a right-wing conspiracy to promote the idea of a left-wing conspiracy”

wings wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:56 pm What i think is sad and terrifying to note is that the fate of our Republic depended upon the outcome of the House election.

Tell me with a straight face that a Republican House wouldn't follow that script.
I can’t tell you with any confidence that a GOP-controlled Congress wouldn’t nullify the popular vote. If Dems didn’t win the house in the previous election, there is a very real chance of Congress electing a president in defiance of electoral college votes.
Glad that federal government is boring again.

I wouldn’t be surprised if some Republican Representatives decides to read from a script that Trump scribbled with a sharpie in a low-energy, fake appeal to his base, but of course it will go nowhere. We will not likely see a concerted, organized effort on the Right to overturn the will of American voters in The House. The Dem controlled House wouldn’t let it get anywhere but the optics of such a organized rebellion in DC would be bad for the country. But again that won’t likely happen IMHO.

And of course the Senate is already decided on this issue with The Turtle’s (late) congratulations to President Elect Biden and VPE Harris, speaking of the Trump presidency in the past-tense.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

I could think of a few House Reptilians that would follow the script. Devin Nunes, Jungle Gym Jordan, Louie Gohmert, Matt Gaetz top of the list. Adding their IQ and ability to make a complete sentence with words of more than one syllable we would have the IQ equal to a tree.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

I am brand new on LGC...been a shooter for 50+ years. Bailed on NRA when they stood behind ConDon (the fake president). The man is a criminal in my not so humble opinion (IMNSHO). Getting on LGC was confusing. Anyway, I am delighted to find like minded gunners. Been out by myself since 2016.

Zsnark wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:56 pm I am brand new on LGC...been a shooter for 50+ years. Bailed on NRA when they stood behind ConDon (the fake president). The man is a criminal in my not so humble opinion (IMNSHO). Getting on LGC was confusing. Anyway, I am delighted to find like minded gunners. Been out by myself since 2016.
:welcome: you should stop by the new member intro section and tell us something about yourself.
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

Zsnark wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:56 pm I am brand new on LGC...been a shooter for 50+ years. Bailed on NRA when they stood behind ConDon (the fake president). The man is a criminal in my not so humble opinion (IMNSHO). Getting on LGC was confusing. Anyway, I am delighted to find like minded gunners. Been out by myself since 2016.
Welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell. All stumps here are socially distanced so mask up and enjoy. And refill the cooler.
To be vintage it must be older than me!
The next gun I buy will be the next to last gun I ever buy. PROMISE!
jim

Welcome :welcome:
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Trump's latest plan is to leave behind a poison pill in "payback" for Biden beating him.
Jeffrey Rosen, even more vile than Barr, whom he'll replace for just 35 1/2 days, will appoint a special counsel to investigate Biden's son, Hunter. Biden will be legally unable to fire him, and will probably tangle Hunter up for years as Trump's revenge.
Like a mobster, if you can't get at your enemy, go after his family instead.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

One day after the Electoral College affirmed Democrat Joe Biden’s presidential victory, U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson, R-Wisconsin, said in an interview that he acknowledged Biden as the president-elect and believed the election was legitimate. At the same time, Johnson plans to hold a Senate hearing Wednesday on election “irregularities,” saying there are “legitimate questions” about the way the election was administrated in Wisconsin and other states.

“All I’m trying to do is hold a very upfront, straightforward hearing talking about what controls there are in place, what fraud does occur, what can we do to prevent fraud in the future,” said Johnson in an interview with the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Johnson contended there are unanswered questions about the election process.

But asked if he regarded the election as "legitimate," he said, "Yes. I haven’t seen anything that would convince me that the results — the overall national result — would be overturned." In that vein, he said he had no plans currently to object next month when Congress meets to tabulate the Electoral College votes.
https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/pol ... 905876001/

Johnson who has been up Trump's rectum since 2016 now decides the election was legitimate.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

highdesert wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:25 am Johnson who has been up Trump's rectum since 2016 now decides the election was legitimate.
And so, the smarter rats, the ones with better instincts for self-preservation, are jumping off the sinking ship. The dumb ones are going down with it.

Especially since their REAL leader, the Lead Rat, Mitch McConnell, did so this morning, quite clearly.
What was unique about this it's the first time I can remember McConnell actually keeping a promise and not weaseling out of it. He promised that if the Electoral College picked the winner he would accept it as final. They did, last night, and he accepted it from the Senate Floor, withholding any hint of snark.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

Any step Trump takes now to retain the White House that isn't in a Federal Court is, be definition, sedition, insurrection, and TREASON!
While there clearly are no legal paths left for him to take, going to court, while desperate, is legal (where he keeps losing).
But there are no other steps that are not an attempt at an illegal coup d'état, including declaring Martial Law with no basis whatsoever.

But never forget that as audacious as Trump is, he's also a craven coward and too damn disorganized. I expect that a coup will collapse, that the Military won't stand for it. They KNOW Biden's been elected overwhelmingly.

YankeeTarheel wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:36 am Any step Trump takes now to retain the White House that isn't in a Federal Court is, be definition, sedition, insurrection, and TREASON!
While there clearly are no legal paths left for him to take, going to court, while desperate, is legal (where he keeps losing).
But there are no other steps that are not an attempt at an illegal coup d'état, including declaring Martial Law with no basis whatsoever.

But never forget that as audacious as Trump is, he's also a craven coward and too damn disorganized. I expect that a coup will collapse, that the Military won't stand for it. They KNOW Biden's been elected overwhelmingly.

..."sedition, insurrection, and TREASON!"

Hmmm, Firing Squad volunteers? :shoot: :mbounce: