Wisconsin Republicans blocking $3 million to reimburse counties for Trump’s recount

I wonder if the check bounced?
President Donald Trump’s campaign paid $3 million for a recount in two Wisconsin counties — that resulted in President-elect Joe Biden’s lead increasing by 87 votes, at a cost of $34,000 per vote.

But Republican lawmakers are now blocking the counties from receiving the money, according to a new report by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

“The Republican-led Legislature’s budget committee is holding up reimbursements to two counties for their recount costs. President Donald Trump’s campaign paid $3 million for recounts in Dane and Milwaukee counties, Wisconsin’s two most Democratic areas. But two top Republicans said Friday they were withholding the money from the counties for now,” Patrick Marley reported. “They did not explain why.”

Milwaukee County Clerk George Christenson said Republicans were “playing politics with money that isn’t theirs.”

Take advantage of our limited time offer. Go ad-free for just $2 a week. Support independent journalism.
“It’s acting in bad faith,” he said. “It’s not their money. It’s Trump’s money and this is what he decided to spend it on.”
https://www.rawstory.com/2020/12/wisco ... s-recount/

Just like a tRump action not paying the bill.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Re: Wisconsin Republicans blocking $3 million to reimburse counties for Trump’s recount

The president is giving everyone a free pass to act like freaking children who act without any consideration nor fear of retribution for bad behavior.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Re: Wisconsin Republicans blocking $3 million to reimburse counties for Trump’s recount

I guess this is ANOTHER lawsuit! The trumpalism (Trump Tribalism) in this country is truly getting terrifying. He'll literally rip this nation to pieces if he can to hang on to power---and he's doing so.

One of the most obnoxious things the coach Woody Hayes said was "Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser." I guess that was before he got fired for punching a Clemson player after Ohio State lost the Orange Bowl to the Tigers, proving he was both a loser AND a sore loser!
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."