Re: A Conundrum: Dan Wesson 1911 vs custom CZ

She would forever steal glances away from the one true 1911. A man’s heart is weak and his hands shake. If there is ever to be harmony in the house it can only come from steely resolve.

No, the harlot must go.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Bucolic wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:57 pm Me too but still on the horns of a conundrum.
Nah. You've got shooters you love. Now go get you a harlot looker.

Honestly, I'd go with the DW 1911 in your shoes. The DWX looks hella cool and probably shoots well, but doesn't bring much to the anesthetics side of the scale. All the DW 1911s are nicer to look at. If it's your last gun, make it pretty. You can always modify your CZs if you're itchy afterwards.

A Conundrum: Dan Wesson 1911 vs custom CZ

I think we have achieved consensus. That’s damned rare in these silly days.

Thanks to all of you enablers. Now I just need to find the right Dan Wesson.

Every thread should have a rational and well-defined conclusion. That’s rare too - they just seem to go flaccid or veer off to parts unknown. To avoid such ignominy, this one stops here.

Today a Dan Wesson IS a CZ.

Love my 15-2 but hated my Pointman/Patriot exp 1911.

I've tried really really hard to like 1911s but the only one I've ever found pleasant was an old field worked WW2 example with mismatched pies parts that was so loose it rattled when in the dresser drawer but shot like a dream.
To be vintage it must be older than me!
The next gun I buy will be the next to last gun I ever buy. PROMISE!
jim